More Questions...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tigdim

OK, I will give you guys the background info first so you guys can give me more accurate answers.

I have decided when I finally get around to doing the 1uz swap into my AE86 that I am going to get it running in almost stock form first then build up a spare motor for higher HP to drop in at a later date. I am going to have to make a full custom exhaust so I am going to build that with performance in mind right away.

I am thinking I want my second build to be a 400/400 hp/tq motor at the flywheel. That should have a sufficient Grin factor to keep me happy for a while. I want the power usable though so I want to keep good low, mid, and high end power.

I think I would like to keep the car N/a. So here is my first question. Is it feasible to build a N/a motor that keeps good low, mid and high end power (with a reasonable buget not sure on cap yet but lets say 5g's)? Or will I be shifting the powerband up to much and loose alot of low end tq?

Theses are my thoughts on what I would need to make it happen if it is possible. (this is just the beginning of the list looking to you guys to help me finish it)

The internals on a early 1uz should be sufficient for my build so I will leave most of them alone.
11:1 pistons
stage 2 cams?
ITbs? (or are they not worth the cost?)
Good standalone ecu- with a Great tune
performance exhaust as mentioned above.
Bigger injectors?

I will be doing all of the work on the car except the tune. So that should keep the price down some, and I will be driving the car while building this motor so If it takes a long time to get it right not that big of a deal.

I still have things to add to this post but I have to get back to work... SO this will have to be a good place to start.

All help will be appricated.

$5,000 won't get you there.

ITB's will cost $2,000 min.
Cams $2,000
Aftermarket ECu $1,500 plus tune.

If you want 11:1 pistons add another $1,500.

400/400 is obtainable but the torque would be tough on an NA engine without the loss of the bottom end.

You could use an unopened engine and a single turbo and have what you want at an affordable price.