mk3 v8 swap info plz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

alpinesupra

hi all,
my name is sean and ive got a few questions about swaping a 1uz into a mk3 chassis.
i am not really a very active member on these forums but i am on supraforums(alpinsupra) and supramania(alpinesupra) so i did some searching and didnt really find all the answeres i need and or want.

but here the senerio, i already have a 88 na to t supra with a built 7m and getting faster everyday, and as of today 3/31/08 i have a another 88 turbo chassis without motor and was pondering the lexus v8 swap but have a few questions.
here's what i want to use it for, mainly a dialy driver with some bolt ons such as larger throttle body (80-90mm), probably 2uz heads, headers (if needed) and of course a custom exhuast with about a 175 shot of nitrous behind it to have some fun when needed.
i do know the early 1u's were beefier compared to its later bretheren so thats what i will search for with either the r154 tranny behind it.

-what do you think is the price range id be looking at to do this kind of swap?
-what all is necessary for the early year swap, because engine, ecu, and ecu harness makes since to me but??
-what can i do to get rid of the afm??

any and all info you can provide me with would be great to help me get a better idea of what id be looking at.
the 7m car will become the dyno, and drag car if this is done.

thank you
-sean

wow this is comming up alot.

youll need all the parts you listed plus mounts. a 86 truck break booster. if you want to go manual, an adaptor new clutch slave im useing a howe internanal unit. radiator hoses what one depends on the radiator your useing.

for cost i have maybe 1500 in my 1uz swap total to give you an idea.

Ill let someone else chime in on removeing the maf as i still have mine.

heres my swap thread if you didnt find it yet. http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9123

so if i go with a early 1uz (89-93) is that all i need for it to get it running ecu wise is the stock harness and ecu?? because ive read threads people are pulling all sorts of electronics to get it running but what i dont get why unless it has something to do with the later 1uz.

thank you
-sean

on my swap i added nothing special to get it running. wireing was even quite simple to get it running, there was only about 7 wires to wireup.

before i did my swap i heard all these stories of needed to rig up this crazy mess of resisters to get the ecu to agree to use a manual transmission. all i did was cut off that secion of the harness so it wasnt hanging. i did no special wireing for the manual trans.

wow this is comming up alot.

Engines are getting cheaper...

youll need all the parts you listed plus mounts. a 86 truck break booster. if you want to go manual, an adaptor new clutch slave im useing a howe internanal unit. radiator hoses what one depends on the radiator your useing.

for cost i have maybe 1500 in my 1uz swap total to give you an idea.

I have approximately 2000 give or take in mine right now and I still need PS lines, A/C lines (unless the 7M lines bolt up to the 1UZ compressor), and fuel lines. I also still need mounts and exhaust fabbed plus I will need to pick up a timing belt kit to change out the timing belt since it is old and showing stress cracking.

I stuck with using the R154 in my Supra while Jake here went W58 if I recall correctly. Also, the 7M brake booster does not need to be replaced as long as you do not mind it being hit by the engine or taking a body hammer/ball peen hammer to it to mold in some clearance. Redrocco on here stuck with the stock brake booster.

Ill let someone else chime in on removing the maf as i still have mine.

heres my swap thread if you didnt find it yet. http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9123

Talk with Dr. Jonez on Supramania. There is already someone running a MAFT Pro on a 1UZ-FE and this may be your cheapest route to go to get a Speed/Density setup.

My build thread is at:
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9042
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58535

or

http://1uzsupra.com (my personal site with parts lists, etc)

so if i go with a early 1uz (89-93) is that all i need for it to get it running ecu wise is the stock harness and ecu?? because ive read threads people are pulling all sorts of electronics to get it running but what i dont get why unless it has something to do with the later 1uz.

thank you
-sean

There was a thread somewhere talking about a bug in the pre-92 ('92 and earlier) ECUs which would put it into limp mode. This was fixed in later ECUs. I am not sure how true this is/was, just something I recall reading either here or on another forum. I have a '93 engine, ECU, and harness.

Oh, and keep the 7M harness for the couple of odd connectors you'll need to adapt or just buy new connectors if you do not have an old harness laying around.