Megasquirt value?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yea, i have a megasquirt in my 1UZ powered supra

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...Performance/Electronics/auction-317764267.htm

same fella advertising locally.

Megasquirt's are somewhat temperamental depending on the quality of the install.

they suffer from noise in the power supply so just ensure you connect its supply power relay directly to the battery.
And be fussy about decent earth connection and you should be right.

it all depends on how good u r at fixing problems

buy somehting which anyone can tune and dont have to drive too far
anyone can wire up and diagnose
if there is any probs with unit can u send it and get tested
well u need to pay for microtech or haltech or adaptronic or autronic or motec
motec has the best help desk of all the aftrmarket ecus but hey u pay for it

buy a megasqish and all u can do is ask for help on the forums
there is no one to ring
there is not many who have these so u cant just ask to try yrs in their car or theres in your car

so all comes down to how good u r at tinkering
and if u have weeks and weeks to play with and u want to learn then go the squirt

from a shops point of view 80% of custoemrs are tightassess so the shop cant afford
warranty probs so they stay away from the squirt
microtech is easy to wire and easy to tune and 99% of time starts first go

as u go up towards adaptronic
haltech
autronic and motec
these take a tad longer to wire up
and usually 2 to 3 hours wasted trying to get motor started if u have no base map
this is y microtechs r so popular by shop owners
not too expensive and not too much hassles fitting them but they ar emoade for that motor so cant reuse them on another motor easily

so if u want to do abit of learning then look at megasquirt and go thru the forums and find out all the fiddly things u need to do during the install

that's funny, aparently you didn't follow my link. Because diyautune does have a help desk, and they're very knowlegable and helpfull. Plus they have dozens of well written writeups. Do some reseaarch before you do a bunch of hatin'.

Attachments

• Inclinometre 01.jpg
    Inclinometre 01.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 24
As i said before fella's

it very much depends on the quality of the install,

A dedicated power supply is a must as noise in the power supply does cause problems.

the V2.2 is the more sturdy in my opinion, compared to the V3.0
V3.57 i have no experience with so i cant comment.

I use V3.0 MS1 with the hires extra code in two twin turbo Lexus V8's

one is in a holden race car and the other is my supra.

i have a dozen megasquirt install's under my belt so can say for certain what keeps them happy and what upsets them.

by the very nature of their construction they are vulnerable to having the memory corrupted and your engine will stop should this happen.

this construction also makes them very tunable in real time, this is a trade off shall we say.

Just take care in your installation and you will have many problem free years of service.
I have a V2.2 in my 2JZ powered hilux which since its install has not had one problem.
this vehicle gets air born on a regular basis and has to put up with moisture and dust and constant vibration.

It IS a diy system. doing it yourself means learning everything along the way.
you dont need some one to call as you can fix any problem yourself.
no need to send it off to some critter on the other side of the world because everything
is diagnosable.

I recommend a Megasquirt to anyone who has the spare time and the willingness to learn.

If you have to much money and not much time. then one of the other name brands that you ad to a list of other shit you paid to much for would suit better.

ok, thats my 5c worth. the NZD is .72 of a USD at the mo so your getting good value for your money i recon. :)