Manual conversion in a Celsior (lexus LS400)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8MX5

Ive have just purchased a Toyota Celsior with a 1UZ, it has a fault with the transmission, reverse gear only works 5% of the time, and 50% of the time when driving forward it jumps from 1st to top gear with out changing from 2nd to 3rd.
So what im thinking is it needs a manual conversion, i have a W57 box and a manual bellhousing.
What other problems may i come accross and whos done this conversion befor ?
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

There would only be a couple of people in the world who have done it.

Its probably the only Toyota car (besides the Century) that was never released with a manual version.

So there is no provision for a clutch pedal, a clutch pedal bracket, or a master cylinder.

Once you sort those issues out, the rest is just the same as any other Toyota.

Good luck in getting everything working as per factory once this is done though.

You'll probably need to source an R154 with the ABS speed sensor in the rear housing.

At least, the above is my thoughts.

Thanks for your replies, im from NZ and the auto trans are easy to find for very cheap or free. Im going to attemp the manual conversion, will let you all know how it goes. The only main problem i see with it is fitting a manual pedal and master cylinder. Like you said peewee, once this is done the rest should be pretty straight forward. Ill probly just forget about getting the ABS to work aswell.

Hey, im in NZ and also have a Celsior that im dreaming of putting a manual in. Id be stoked if you post up your progress, it would help and give me the nudge i need to do something about this sloppy auto...