Man of the Year 2008

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Are we voting for MOTY 2009 or 2008?

In addition to those already nominated, I think JustenGT8's name ought to be in there. Lots of useful contribution to the site this year, not the least of which were his short runner manifolds that proved the 1UZ can breathe above 5200 if it's not restricted, and the first successful twin charger setup (he'll always be my hero for that one ;-)

what happened to the raging success of the 2008 awards?

still, ill take jibby's nomination on rollover for 2009 :) . wow... nominated ahead of john! lol

Maybe Xr8tt is worthy of the title?

Others that come to mind are -

Ed 61 (even though he needs a paddle himself at times)
Cribbj (but he won the title before)

anways, didnt erol spell out the rpm related issues with the manifold runners, with dyno figures ages ago? unfortunately justen hasnt proven anything rpm related, nor have we seen numbers. regardless all i believe he was testing was the velocity profile of the intake, and how his engine responded within the same operating conditions. i think youre drawing a long bow there jonny re test and interpretation.

anyways! MOTY - bring it on!

I'm voting for Lextreme...He came up with 2 actual products that help with the SC400, LS400, and other swapped 1UZFE cars to come up to the powerful world with ease.

First, he had the "Fish" supercharger bracket that had helped those cars to go boosting within 2 days if having complete parts. Secondly, he came up with the 4.7L 2UZ / 1UZ engine that is already in reality. This 4.7L engine is powerful in its NA form, and could be very powerful if the internals are prepared right with the aide of a FI setup. I'm voting for his ideas and practicality. :arms:

I'm voting for Lextreme...He came up with 2 actual products that help with the SC400, LS400, and other swapped 1UZFE cars to come up to the powerful world with ease.

First, he had the "Fish" supercharger bracket that had helped those cars to go boosting within 2 days if having complete parts. Secondly, he came up with the 4.7L 2UZ / 1UZ engine that is already in reality. This 4.7L engine is powerful in its NA form, and could be very powerful if the internals are prepared right with the aide of a FI setup. I'm voting for his ideas and practicality. :arms:

Sorry for the confusion. MOTY is for 2008. Steve, thanks for the vote but the MOTY is not about me. It is about our members.

Now that we know which year we're talking about, let's open the polls and vote.

Attachments

• Picture%20096.jpg
    Picture%20096.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Picture%20105.jpg
    Picture%20105.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 238
It's hard to pick one! cjsupra90 is helpfull to.

Whilst his keyboard speak may come accross the wrong way sometimes, I tend to lean my vote towards Sideshow. He does the electricals on performance cars for a living all day every day, yet still finds the time to consistently offer his advice for free when people have problems.

I know so many auto professionals whome once they are in demand for work, almost wont offer any advice (even to drive in customers) unless they're getting paid by the hour for it.

How about LEXTREME, David himself!!!...Keeps the forum going, chimes in when every he can and offers good advice on most threads... Helps mostly anyone whom asks for it.. Yet, he always fly's under the radar and goes un-noticed most of the time...

I say it's gotta be LEX - for man of the year this go around!!!!

* Peewee
* Sideshow
* Justen
* RMS
* ed_ma61
* cjsupra90

Anyone else? Jibbby, thanks for the props. My title "Just call me Lex" is good enough for me. MOTY is for the members, not for admin.

Hehehe yeah I would have voted Lex but he's said a few times he's not in the running. He talked me into boost after all :D