M first v8 soarer...HELP!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fruitysupra

Hi guys,
i bought my first v8 soarer last night to do the conversion on my mkiv supra.
it had to be towed home as it had no mot or tax on it.
when i got near my home i thought i would give it a try and start it up. it has a fully charged battery on it and jerry can of fuel.
now tick over it sounds lovely, even whiles reving it it sounded great. it wasnt until i put it in gear, drove about 10-20 foot and everything cut out, then all turned back on apart from the engine (lights ect)! breaks became rather stiff and i lost power steering.
now iv spent this evening running the car and wondered if it was purely because it had been left standing for a while. again sounded lovely. pulled it off the drive onto my private road and it cut out again. started her up, reversed her and it did it again. kept doing it in drive and reverse. but only whiles i had my foot on the gas pedal in gear. doesnt do it any other time.

any ideas people? please i could really do with some know how!

Hi guys,
i bought my first v8 soarer last night to do the conversion on my mkiv supra.
it had to be towed home as it had no mot or tax on it.
when i got near my home i thought i would give it a try and start it up. it has a fully charged battery on it and jerry can of fuel.
now tick over it sounds lovely, even whiles reving it it sounded great. it wasnt until i put it in gear, drove about 10-20 foot and everything cut out, then all turned back on apart from the engine (lights ect)! breaks became rather stiff and i lost power steering.
now iv spent this evening running the car and wondered if it was purely because it had been left standing for a while. again sounded lovely. pulled it off the drive onto my private road and it cut out again. started her up, reversed her and it did it again. kept doing it in drive and reverse. but only whiles i had my foot on the gas pedal in gear. doesnt do it any other time.

any ideas people? please i could really do with some know how!
hi have you treid changing the fuel pump control which is located behind the n/s rear trim panel they are known to fail.here is another one to try first open the dignostic plug on top of your engine and bridge the to connectors marked fp and b+ that put the fuel pump on a full time live try that before pulling the n/s trim panel

Last edited: