Low End Or High End

What do you prefer?

• Low End Grunt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High End Power

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
bango said:
Dunno...the beauty of the 1 uz was the smallish v8, alloy,light weight quad cam 4 valves and all the good things with it,hell if i wanted bigblock torque,ill look elsewhere,like bigblock chev etc,but hey,your choice..
Bingo...., bango!

You know what I mean.

cribbj said:
Sorry for the thread drift,Nick, plainly you're a MKIII fan, and I'm a MKIV fan, so perhaps we should agree to disagree on which one is better! At least we can both agree that we like Supra's
veryhappy.gif

John
In the intrest of not hijacking tghe thread anymore than it was, I won't add anymore to that.

Nick M said:
The LS1 had a change in '00 or '01. I have seen plenty of dynos that were 265-280 rwhp, which was a big jump over the LT1. In GM performance mags on a dynojet. The year it switched to a 5 hp jump, they were pretty consistent to 300 rwhp. From what I remember. Either way pretty darn good.
going by what i saw dude, hundreds of LS1 dynos by the top LS1 shop in texas, and, at the time, the country.

none of them dynoed 280hp or less unless they were having problems.

I don't agree. All stock by some of them are 'Lid, Maf, chipped, exhaust, pulleys' etc. In other words, if you haven't ported the head, changed the cam added a power adder, it is still stock.

Hell, why not split hairs over 7%. And the SS has that low restriction exhaust and high flow intake already. So they should lay down 300+ with ease.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1993.html

Notice the great deal of " it should make, or his makes", as opposed to mine dynoed at.

edit:

Damn I can’t believe how many of you forgot to mention that 98-2000 Ls1 dyno completely different then 2001-2002 ls1.

98-2000 ls1 do have a hard time breaking 300rwhp stock. Some as low as 287 some as high as 310

01-02 should consistently be around 315rwhp stock. Some as low as 300 some as high as 330
Not every car anywhere will be identical. He said what I said. There was a big gain one year. And in 97 at the debut, it was much stronger than the LT1 it replaced, 50-60 rwhp stronger.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213148

Nick M said:
blah blah blah
im not talking about people on ls1.com saying "it should be" i'm talking about one of my best friends dynoing these cars dude.

its a little bit different.

So tth 97+ LS1 at stock pretty much dyno at around 300rwhp on average...These are the alluminum block 5.7 liter Gm engines... The pre 97 LT1 engines were the iron blocks that dyno'd at stock at around 225-250 rwhp.... The LS1 is by far the better engine and has major potential for N/A modifying...

I am just learning about these LS1 motors and find them to be very impressive... I owned the older LT1 in a 91 Vette and at the time I thought that motor had some good pull to it with just exhaust mods.... How are the LS1 alluminum blocks holding up under the increased horsepower?...Do you guys know what the limits on the stock LS1 internals? I need to search up more on engines...

Curious are there any Ford engines that are comparable to the LS1's?

Blah Blah blah? I accept your surrender. The "first gen" LS1 was strong. The second one was stronger.

Curious are there any Ford engines that are comparable to the LS1's?
All aluminum V8 that puts out the same power? Not in the US. Ford chose to use smaller natually aspirated displacement with the rest of the dispalcement unaturally aspirated. I think the LS1 is one of the best all around engines the auto industry has produced.

Nick M said:
Blah Blah blah? I accept your surrender. The "first gen" LS1 was strong. The second one was stronger.

All aluminum V8 that puts out the same power? Not in the US. Ford chose to use smaller natually aspirated displacement with the rest of the dispalcement unaturally aspirated. I think the LS1 is one of the best all around engines the auto industry has produced.
surrender? citing people on ls1 / ls2 saying "should" or "could" as sources when i was there for multiple dyno days seeing it happen infront of my eyes. :slaphappy

believe what you want to believe though :shrug:

And I see different, time and time again. Believe what you want. All LS1 engines make exactly 310rwhp or whatever that may be.

310rwhp is still a tease in my book unless you are producing that in a Honda, Geo Metro, Leecar, mini, etc.. ....... Need atleast 400+ rwhp to get the bigger cars moving to my liking...Better yet 500rwhp sounds even better.....:drive:

Can you produce 500rwhp out of the N/A LS1 engines? What would it take without AFI and or a block bore? My recent reading claimed 400rwhp is easily achieveable with very good exhaust mods and very good cams on these engines....What else can be done to get the ponies up with out slapping a Supercharger on? How is the Intake on the LS1 engines?

Maybe I should ask these questions or search them out on the Vette forums..It just sounds like you guys really know these engines well...

It appears most people prefer lowend grunt as the pole illustates.. However, it's always a good feeling to get massive pull on the topend

I say both lowend and topend grunt combined is the ultimate... Obviously, so do we really have to choose???...

My ride is all lowend and not so much topend...That is a bit disturbing after a while...

I've also had twin turb's which rip on the topend but are some what dog's out of the gates...That is also most upsetting and gets dissapointing real fast...

If I had to choose I would probably take topend power by just a hair...Brake torqueing and clutch roasting can add in off the line take offs, and there is just nothing you can do to help the topend slugs..

I would say your topend racers win in the quartermile races, but the lowend hogs can get you noticed in the 0-60mph races...

I'm going with the high end power. I bought a Vortech V-2 supercharger, and I'm sticking with my choice :(

Attachments

• drilling case.jpg
    drilling case.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 317
  • tapping case.jpg
    tapping case.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 313
low end torque, high end power, thats what it should be.

kinda hard to vote for that though.

Attachments

• shaft cut to length.jpg
    shaft cut to length.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 311
If I had to choose it would really depend on the car that was in question...

A 4X4 truck or any truck for that matter lowend torque is KING!!!

A Street rod - high end power would probably be the choice, but there is something to be said about launching from a dead start, being thrust back into your seat while the front end of the car lifts, and the rears start to break loose....:headbang: ...That's impressive as well..