Low CR 'Factory' Pistons for 1UZFE?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ewen

Hi,

I've done some searching but haven't found anything so far, hence this thread.

Does anyone know if there are 'factory' FI / stock-in-a-different-engine pistons that can be used in an FI 1UZFE (ideally with stock 1UZFE rods)? I'd have liked something like about an 8.5 CR, only on budget.

Anyone?

Cheers!

with 8.5 it would have no balls off boost. you can alwas modifiy stock pistons and the head to get a lower comp. but its not advised these motors like boost at there stock compression.

Maybe thicker Cometic / MLS head gaskets??
It will change your cam timing alittle..
If using std rods ?? Your power goals will be around 500 h.p
So imo the std compression will be o/k at that power / boost levels..
Dropping .5 compression will keep it safe though..
9.5 will be fine.. 4 valve heads can run high compression..

Hi,

Thanks for all your input guys - much appreciated!

The goal is indeed about 450 - 500 reliable flywheel hp. I'd thought of running about 9 - 10psi boost (through a Vortech V1 supercharger). If that can be done on stock CR without it going bang then great. Actually, does that sound like a realistic goal? The engine would otherwise be stock but with 7MGE injectors, ECU upgrade, headers and ideally a water - air intercooler.

The injectors are the 315cc jobs, but have been cleaned and flowtested such that they're all giving 317cc @ 43.5psi (which I think equates to just over 500hp on stock fuel system pressure), that rising to 356 @ 55psi, 366 @ 58psi.

I know 1UZs are relatively cheap to get hold of, but ideally I'd like to get the balance right between having some fun and not having to swap out a blown motor. If it helps, I do have a bit of mechanical sympathy.

What am I planning to use the car for? The engine's half way into a Nissan Sil80 project and that's intended use is just as a 'fast road' car with the odd bit of track work from time to time.

Thanks!

Thanks. Yeah, I'd thought a good fuel pump would be needed. I should be able to work out the required pump size / flow rate from the good stuff on here. Recommendations greatfully recieved though! Any views on fuel system pressure?

Photos - Still at an in-many-pieces stage but I'll post some this very day! I'll maybe need to create a thread for the project in the Swap / Conversion / Transplant forum.

The Walbro 225 intank pump .. Or Bosch 040 in tank pump ??
Ultimate fuel set up..
Or std in tank to surge tank and Bosch 044 from surge tank to fuel line..
Not sure what Lex motors run std but 38 ti 45 Lb is usually in the ball park.. The higher the fuel pressure.. The harder it is on pumps to maintain fuel supply at higher pressures..Which is where the engine requires fuel..