Standalone ECU linkg4 extreme base map

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kirby

Hey guys, I've just completed a rear mount turbo on
on my 2wd single cab hilux using a hx40. I would like to know if anyone has a half decent basemap for a linkg4 extreme for non vvt. I've moved to central old and i have to drive it 8 hours for a tune. will post pics this Arvo.

Cheers

Phil

More info would be needed. To get anything close to correct you would need both engines to have the same size injectors , ignitions and manifold design. It would be far safer to spend a bit of time driving with a wideband and keeping the igniton very conservative.

Kind of don't understand what u mean gloverman. pretty new to the aftermarket stuff mate.
I've wired the linkg4 with a complete harness i had made up over in christchurch, running 320cc 7mgte injectors, stock igniters, stepper motor, MAP, boost Solend. hx40 turbo, 7psi etc, etc.
I'm about to sit down with a laptop and try and set it up. i just though a basemap would help.me out a bit

I would say its easy but I have been tuning cars for 18 odd years now. I have been doing G4's since they have been avaliable. Done three turbo uz's with them , one with twin TD04's , tuned length manifolds and 550cc RX7 injectors , one with big single ( has had a couple of different turbos) with manifold around the front and my own truck. My one had TD07 , log style manifolds with rearward crossover and 440cc low impedience injectors. If you took my map and loaded it into your vehicle it would be lean as you have smaller injectors , you would need all your accessories on the same auxilaries , all the inputs on the same channels.
I have two N/a base maps for stock engines for each of the injector sizes , running stock engine with flowing extractors and free flow air filter. I always wire them the same. I can load these and they work pretty well as long as the engine is set up the same. Any differences will make a difference to the way the engine runs. I loaded one the other day onto a vehicle which had stock exhaust manifolds and it serious detonation and I had to pull the timing back alot ( to the stock figures in fact) This was the only difference yet made a huge difference.
With your vehicle being turbo and having alot of differences other peoples base maps are unlikely to be close. Have you ever set up a aftermarket ECU before?

This is my first ecu mate. Just spent the last 3 days trying to get my head around everything in pclink. I just sit there until it starts making sense.hehe. I used a basemap from the link website and change the AUX ports and everything to suite mine but it didn't work and I ended up with a flat battery. Made another one and it was black smoke everywhere rich. Long story short, i used the first base map and tested everything and it fired first go, I've removed the turbo setup for the time being just to get it running.
The problem I'm faced with now is, the engine won't turn off when I turn the key off and ecu will connect to the laptop with the ignition off. It wasn't doin this yesterday but now it's always on and won't shut the engine down

Yeah factory IAC. Ignition switch is digital input-2. Haven't done anything for ECU hold power. Unsure of firmware mate, the ecu is two weeks old, would assume its the most current

You will need an ECU hold channel and correct wiring to ensure the stepper works correctly and resets correctly. If its not wired for ECU hold you will need the stepper to reset with key on and have a start lockout for a few seconds to ensure the stepper can cycle completely before starting. Do you have the correct wiring diagrams for this?
Also check the stepper wiring. I have the base numbers which you will find are completely different. Flick us your email via PM and ill try and send them through.
I alway check the firmware is current and update if it isnt. Assume nothing.

Email sent. ECU power should be set to the channel the relay is wired to. Maybe its in the note. Pretty harsh selling you a wiring setup without a runable base map. Cheers