Standalone ECU Link ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

THOR Racing

THOR Racing is able to supply, fit and tune Link XLEM ECUs to run the 1/2/3UZ-FE. (fit and tune over in the UK of course)

We can also get versions which can run the VVTi and the E-Throttle on the 4.3 3UZ-FE versions and more modern engines.

Here is the spec of the ECU. {broken link removed} I have one running on my Supra V8 with a 1UZ-FE. (was auto but now runs a manual R154)

If you still have an auto box you can still use this ECU but you will have to run the ECU as a piggy-back onto the existing ECU, leaving it to control the gearbox. All engine fuctions are controlled by the Link ECU.

Regards
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
also.....
You can remove the MAF altogether as it comes with a 2.5bar map sensor as standard. Making turbo charing or supercharging easy.

Because it has 4D mapping you can fully map the NA engine on throttle position and then wen you fit a turbo or supercharger you can map the boost on the 4th dimension map.

This makes it easy to develop a blown solution whilst still running NA.

Also the duel fuel and ignition maps means you can have one setup for pump gas and another for race fuel, just at the flick of a switch.

It also comes with either a 10cm adaptor to mate to the 1UZ-FE existing harness or a 2m unterminated wiring loom within the price.

Regards
Pete

I have had 5 Link computers so far in various cars, The 1UZ in my Supra is using the LinkPlus G2. For the money, you simply cant buy a computer with the functions of the LinkPlus. Great boost control by gear, user definable tuning grid resolution, heaps out outputs, anti-lag, launch control, flat foot shifting, and so on... the Link computers generally are by far the most popular here and go into 99.9% of 1UZ repowers in boats and 4WD's etc... good on you Pete for taking them to the 1UZ and more market in the UK!

Yep I agree with all you say. It runs my Supra MkIV V8 and countless other engines... All Skylines RB20 right up to RB30, Celicas, MR2s, 300ZX's, 3000GTOs etc. Even Mustang Cobra Quad CAM V8 and Chevy LS1,6 and LS2 engines.
Great ECU and not to be underestimated.
Regards
Pete

Over in UK the Link system is £850 but no idea what it would be from a Link dealer in US.

The XLEM is a generic 8 cylinder ECU and not specific to the soarer, supra or any car. We can make a plug and play adaptor loom and in fact are looking at getting someone to make some proper harness adaptors up rather than me soldering each one individually.

We've run them as piggy-backs for Auto cars or full replacement systems.

Regards
Pete

Marcus,

Seriously consider going to the LinkPlus over the LEM. Though the G3 LEM is packed with features, the G2 LinkPlus or the G3 LinkPlus are much mre flexible options...

XLEM LinkPlus G2 can do everything the LEM G3 does but also can do sequential ignition and injection.

The LEM G3 is great if you're happy to run wasted spark and grouped injection.

I'm using the XLEM (LinkPlus) G2 in mine.
Anyone in the UK is welcome to arrange a visit and come and drive my V8 Supra with the XLEM on.

Best thing is I sent over the E-throttle for the 4.3VVTi engine which the XLEM can now do, along with the VVTi control. (Single CAM only)

Regards
Pete

Yep XLEM G3 is great but not released and no confirmed date yet.
Also likely to be more expensive than the XLEM G2 (but they will probably phase this out over time)
It was meant to be out over a year ago. I'm helping Philip (Owner of Link) at the AutoSport International show next week so I will get the latest info from the horses mouth.

Regards
Pete

Very interesting info. Can the XLEM control 8 individual coils (-not- wasted spark)? And you mentioned single cam vvti -is this just one cam total, or one cam per bank?

Just downloaded the XLEM (LinkPlusG2) wiring/installation manual and it definitely shows 8 ignition drivers as well as 8 injector drivers. Looks like it'll drive high impedance injectors directly, or low impedance through a resistor box, so anyone wanting to run some big low impedance injectors might want to consider adding the AEM P&H driver box if they want a nice idle.

I didn't see any discussion about dwell control, but perhaps this is in the software manual.

It drives solenoid type ISC's natively, and apparently it can handle a 4 or 6 terminal stepper motor if it is "specially configured by Link (or an approved dealer)" for this option.

Also any except 2 of the 11 auxiliary outputs can be set up for PWM, so it should be able to do multiple cam VVTi - Pete?.

It looks like a pretty capable ECU; wonder what the cost is... Pete?

Also, who has the preliminary specs on the XLEM G3?

Here's the link to the XLEM G2 manual: http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-management/Wire-In/LinkPlusG2WiringManual

Just downloaded the XLEM (LinkPlusG2) wiring/installation manual and it definitely shows 8 ignition drivers as well as 8 injector drivers. Looks like it'll drive high impedance injectors directly, or low impedance through a resistor box, so anyone wanting to run some big low impedance injectors might want to consider adding the AEM P&H driver box if they want a nice idle.

I didn't see any discussion about dwell control, but perhaps this is in the software manual.

It drives solenoid type ISC's natively, and apparently it can handle a 4 or 6 terminal stepper motor if it is "specially configured by Link (or an approved dealer)" for this option.

Also any except 2 of the 11 auxiliary outputs can be set up for PWM, so it should be able to do multiple cam VVTi - Pete?.

It looks like a pretty capable ECU; wonder what the cost is... Pete?

Also, who has the preliminary specs on the XLEM G3?

Here's the link to the XLEM G2 manual: http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-management/Wire-In/LinkPlusG2WiringManual

Yes you can control dwell, especially handy when going to those Misti coils which need really high dwell timing.

The G3 is set to control the new Subaru cams which is pretty interesting not to mention complex to achieve!

To control 1/2/3UZ vvti, we need two extra cam sensor inputs. So 1 crank, one standard cam, and 2 for vvti for a total of 4 trigger/wheel inputs. I only saw that the G2 had two trigger inputs. Does it have the ability to have four by using some of the standard inputs?

pete can you come to me! as i dont want to wire the old ECU up to my IS, as it would take to long to do + i dont know if i could do that? as i dont know much about this side of things.........so is what im asking could you come down to me to fit the Links ECU and get the car running so i can then take it up to you to do the fine/Tune ?