Line Lock

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone in here have line lock in your car? I have been thinking about getting an universal line lock on my LS400. I know ABS is an issue went it comes with line lock. Anyone know where i can tap in the brake line for this?

Attachments

• pinionsmall.jpg
    pinionsmall.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 3
I don't.
Looking at the docs. I would tap it coming out of the ABS actuator b/c it goes to the wheels separately from that point on.

Not something I have done, but possible in theory. You can just mount a switch & some relays & turn the ABS ECU off. If it's not on... It doesn't care.
After researching on my car, it's feasible (But I am not comfortable telling you to do it unless I did it first) to use relays to turn on:
The ABS Pump & the solenoids you wanted.
That being said,
*The pump is not designed for more than intermittent use
*I found no actual data on Toyota systems about how much pressure remains on the brakes that have active solenoids. Could be nearly no pressure, could be hundreds of pounds of force.

Now all Toyota systems are going to be similar, but keep in mind my ES 300 has no traction control & an ABS system that does will be interfacing with the ECU to retard ignition timing to lower power output. (So you may have to do something to prevent that. Like... Turn the ABS computer off, or send it a fake signal.)

I don't know... Like I said, I've never done it & this is out of my area of expertise. I simply read enough & was typing so I figured I'd finish the idea! Hah!

Supra owners do the install right at the master cylinder, and apparently it doesn't interfere with ABS at all. The TMS (Titan Motor Sports) is the kit of choice, but it's only a repackaged Hurst Line Lock, with some custom hoses to fit the Supra. I've not done this on my A/T car, but I can put you in touch with a very knowledgeable Supra owner who has, if you'd like more info. I'd bet Max (RedSupra) has info on this, too.

John