lexus gs400 help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ltuned gs400

hi, i have a 98 gs400 and i need horses, i have 150shot wet system on it k&n fipk intake system. borla exhaust. my best time at the track w/full interior is 12.7mph (1/4). my question is can this engine take 200 shot wet? has anyone try this before? second test pipes do they help and how can i fool the o2 sensor after the cat ? thrid anybody selling their piggy back ecu from srt ? is there anything else i can do to increase horsepower ( free up ). help!!!!!!

hi, glad to see your first post.. it seems like theres more new guys posting every day..

by the way, i wish i had your problem--12.7s:eek: .. are you racing vipers or something? just kidding.. those are some very good results..
im not positive, but someone may have tried the 200 shot-- but you should be careful anyway.. i have seen many a burnt valve/valves from to much nitrous..
and you also asked about the second o2--you may get away with taking it out of the exhaust--but leave it plugged in.. it doesnt cost anything, and is worth a try.. its there to compare the exhaust after the cat..ive done this on earlier cars and it worked, but on the newer lexus it may not..

thanks for replying i appericate it. i have beat a viper, c5 vette, srt-4's, cobras, Evos, but i am trying to get the car into low 12s or high 11's. but you have seen 200 shot wet before? on this type of engine. also how do you fool that o2 sensor by just upluging it? thanks

hi again, i have never seen a lexus run 200 shot of nitrous-- but i have seen burned valves from some other nitrous assisted cars.. a have seen a new honda v6 get some burned valves and a bmw 3.0 get some burned valves from to much nitrous..-- so im just saying saying be carefull..

there may be some guys on board who have tried it.. maybe someone will post..

try working on stuff like getting lighter-better gearing-different tires,stuff like that..
unpluging the sensor will set a code/check eng light.. don't unplug the electrical connection, but phYsically remove the secondary sensors from the exhaust.. hang it up with something, and drive it.. see if it will set a code.. remember to plug the ox bungs that will now be open in the exhaust..
the secondary ox sensors make sure the cat is working/doing its job..

First of all, what is your complete timeslip? 12.7 is a quick ET but what is your 60ft and what is you MPH? Unless you have a limited slip differential and at least drag radials you probably can get your low 12 second pass with just these additions.

Now, once you have that done, consider that 150hp on top of the stock engine ECU programming is already a dangerous choice. The timing map for safe running is likely less than you are getting now. I would strongly suggest getting the car into the hands of a competent tuner that can check A/F ratios and timing under power.

Now, once the above is considered... remember that nitrous is chemical supercharging. The extra power comes from the additional fuel and oxygen (nitrogen also plays a role) and you are effectively putting much more into the engine. It now becomes more important to get it out. I would suggest an upgrade to 2.25" exhaust pipes feeding a quality Y pipe and a 2.5"-3.0" center pipe. The manifolds themselves are a problem but until headers become available you don't have much option other than custom builds. On you nitrous application I believe a full exhaust (headers, stock cats, upgraded balance) would give you a good 50+hp.

As you pointed out if you remove the cats your 2nd O2 sensors will trigger check engine and effect performance. There are companies than make O2 simulators or "sims" for short. The Corvette guys run them frequently. You could probably find a compatible sims for the GS.

yeah tell me about it why havent headers come out on these cars yet? or cams? I will run at the track this weekend and will post the 60ft 1/4 times and mph. Has anyone built or chipped that speed govenor yet? when i ran last time my mph was at 119 at 12.7.

ltuned gs400 said:
yeah tell me about it why havent headers come out on these cars yet? or cams? I will run at the track this weekend and will post the 60ft 1/4 times and mph. Has anyone built or chipped that speed govenor yet? when i ran last time my mph was at 119 at 12.7.

119mph is moving, and on only 150hp? That trap is an easy high 11 with traction. You do not need more power to reach your goal. You do still need exhaust to reduce a serious backpressure situation. At the very least the 2.25" cat back system I mentioned.

The reason no cams is with the VVTi and complexity and expense... nobody has stepped up. Headers are in the planning stages from at least one source but nothing yet. A decent cat back, not middle back, a true from the cats back system is not even available except in Japan and those systems tend to be too large diameter and kill low speed torque.