Learning About Australia

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Kangarooo is good eating too you say, wow, I never thought you could eat one and like it? Let me guess it tastes like Chicken.....
Um nope, it tastes like kangaroo:nana:

Having a brew as a chaser with all these meats is always a good idea...
Hmmmm, I home brew so that's not a problem either. I love my old or stout with a nice piece of meat. Don't forget the side salad to keep all your food groups in balance :friday:

I could comment on my fellow Aussies from different states but I don't want to start a civil war. Needless to say if the comment about 1500 Southerners moving to Queensland each week is correct then the southern states would be empty by now. Go figure what state cant do their maths.[/quote]

They can do the math they just forgot to add that 2000 leave.
Are new zeeelanders included in the 1500?, nah more than that come to Queensland.

Has anyone warned of wombats? Ive destroyed the front of a ute with a big fat bas##rd when it waddled out on the road!

Um nope, it tastes like kangaroo:nana:

Hmmmm, I home brew so that's not a problem either. I love my old or stout with a nice piece of meat. Don't forget the side salad to keep all your food groups in balance :friday:

Gotta keep the foods in balance... A little bit of baked beans and or maybe a baked potato as a side won't hurt the balance either... However, with the addition of beans, that may just give you a little night time gas which the honey surely won't appreciate... Infact, with enough re-fried and or baked beans to go along with your lightly cooked Roo you may find yourself sleeping on the sofa because the wife just kicked you out of the bedroom in a rage of panic as she struggles to breathe and gasp for clean air....... :fart:

Oh, and what's a whombat and can you eat that too???? Sounds like a bat or a type of pig maybe...

Just so everyone knows what a Darwin Stubbie looks like here is a photo of the old 1/2 gallon jobbie and the new 2 litre version with a Champagne bottle for comparison.

Sorry for the size. Forgot to reset the camera.

Thanks Stormtrooper... Recieved and understood..

So the Wombat is basically a "ground gorher" on steroids... Funny that I compare the two species...Quick story - Out on the ranch years back in Colorado, USA, I use to blast the heads off ground gophers as they populated very quickly and actually burroughed holes in the ground that would break the legs of the ranchers horses on occasion.. These little bastards had to be dealt with regularly and met with extreme violence....:AR15firing: So anyway these little ground gophers would peek their heads out of their holes at a distance and with the 22 caliber "sniper" rifle I held in my hands I would have to aim and fire with no remorse or guilt from blowing these little critters to bits....................................:wall: :rocketwhore: I was a bit rattled as a young lad performing this act for the first time, but go figure after a few kills it became like target practice for me...

A little story for you guys and I hope you didn't fall asleep on me...

Lol, that's why my taxes are paying for all the skin cancer treatments at Bondi, the kiwis that come here think they'll take off their shirts (skirts) cause they have finally got some sunshine and get skin cancer.

Um, Bondi IS in NSW. Can tell where your from.:nutkick:Joke btw

Being Maori's they wouldn'd suffer too much from skin cancer...
It's also a problem in N.Z with the Pakeha's white skin...Being alittle colder
in N.Z you tend to stay out in sun longer.. The sun rays are just as strong there.. Being further south sun rays can be stronger..

This is really a brilliant thread to read!
all that talk about cars pfff, good to know how other countrys are. always interesting to read about this stuff.

the joke about the tasmanian vrigin, plain brilliance humor wise,

in europe we have that too, but seems to be on a more serious note,
last week in austria a man was arrested for keeping his own daughter locked up under his house for 18 years, she, now 42, was takin out of the seller by police together with 2 dauhgters and a son of which her dad was the father.......
dad locked her up aged 21 telling mom she ran away, she on her part says she new nothing about it.

so not really a good idea to make jokes about that in europe at the moment, good to be able to still read them here, (this sort of thing happened 4 times on this scale in the past 6 years)

Must say I'm a bit jealous after reading all this, someone mentioned having his own 40 hectares of land WOOT, that would mean your a province in the netherlands. quite happy with my 12 by 4 meter back garden!
I'm happy to be in the wooded part of the country, but a day's walking would see you from one end to the other. that's about all the green we have over here. exept for small farms spread in the north of the counrty
North to south it's about 300km long east to west about 200km wide, living here together with 16 million + fellow dutchi's,
with the most diverse (racial) population in the world it's getting a bit crowded as you can see.

I cannot imagine what it's like to drive for 1300km's and still be in the same country.... I can drive through 5 country's covering the same distance when I visit my sister in france, and when I'm there I feel very very far from home..... I understand from a google search that some people have to drive for hours to visit the neighbours???

I learned in school years ago, maories are native New Zealanders and the aboriginals native Austrailians, right?

for animals, we have deer (small ones like bamby) which also are capable of destryoing a honda accord pretty well,
but the main problem is Wild Pigs, 15 thousand of them, 250kg's of slow moving angry meat whith huge teeth, is sure nightmare to encouter in youngsters season when driving a car like the striker (scarry as hell) foot to the floor moment, even got away with speeding ones in this behalf whaha.

Good read guy's a few pictures to help visualize whatsít all about would be nice.

I suppose noone knows a production studio or broadcasting company that's in need of a experienced sound engineer.....
sure sounds good having some space......

stupid thing is I allways thought Sydney to be the capital of australia
and is New Zealand a part of aus? I thought not but confused now.

Grtz from the land of: Heineken, Phillips, Daf, Tulip flowers, cheese and Spyker sportscars Thomas

Questions for the Aussies... I often wonder if you fellas ever experience the things that we Americans experience.... Being that Australia is like one huge island close to the equator, one has to wonder do Australians ever experience SNOW or very cold winters? How about huge mountains? Ever seen a glacier? Have you fellas ever experienced Hail, twisters, earthquakes... I have seen massive sand storms on the discovery channel in Australia and those are nuts..

The reason I ask these question is that I travel to islands alot, Hawian islands, Jamacia, Bahama's, etc.. I ask the natives and most say they have never seen or touched snow... To me that is amazing... Being in snow, is like being surrounded by everything that is white, the air is very cold and fresh.. You can also slip and fall very easily... You can ski it, slide on huge intertubes on it, sley down it, etc... Snow is very cold and gets wet when introduced to heat..Drrr...

One last question, how does the Australian legal system work? Do you have judges and juries to work together to convict criminals, or just Judges? Do you have open trails?

Here in the States as most probably know, you commit a crime and you get caught and arrested, and then you are brought up in front a judge for an arraignment... A trial date is set...The trial begins in one court room with a panel of 12 juror's (everyday citizens) who'm are preselected and approved by both legal parties to hear and judge the case... Now the person in trouble can either hire his own attorney or be given a free one, most criminals are defended and represented by an attorney in the court of law... A trial begins, both sides present their case to the juror's, the "defendent" thru the help of an attorney will explain that he is not guilty. The prosecutor will explain why he or she is guilty of this crime...Both parties argue their cases in front of these 12 juror's... The 12 juror's will sit and listen and then decide if the criminal is infact guilty or not guilty... All 12 juror's must be in agreement with a single decision or it will be a declaired a mis-trail and the whole thing will start all over again..... The judge in the court room keeps every thing legal and in order, he is the orchestrator..... In the end it is the every day people like you and me (12 juror's) that are ultimately responsible for convicting a criminal of his or her crimes and or are ultimately responsible for setting him or her free....

Lastly if the criminal is found guilty of his or her crimes by the elected jury panel of people then the judge will ultimately sentence the criminal to jail...The jury can decide whether the criminal can recieve the death penalty and or life in prison in the severe cases.. The judge will sentence the criminal for a length of time he or she is to spend in jail.... Cop killers, serial killers and baby killers usually recieve the death penalty but it is rare.....

One last thing, if you are found guilty of the crime and feel you are innocent you can appeal the case and verdict only based on new found evidence to prove otherwise... This appeal has to then be approved first by the legal athorities then a new trail may be granted... Then it starts all over again..

Our legal system works most of the time and is decent, but people with alot of money hire the best attorneys as where the poor people are given free attorneys which does not seem fair to me...Usually by hiring these great expensive attorneys you will stand a much better chance of being aquited and set free.. Kinda like the OJ Simpson trial.... The high paid attorneys in that trial presented enough reasonalbe dought to the jurors and got him off the hook when he was clearly guilty... If OJ Simpson was given a free public attorney he would most likely still be sitting behind bars today..

Is Australia like that?

I learned in school years ago, maories are native New Zealanders and the aboriginals native Austrailians, right?
Yep thats right.

Good read guy's a few pictures to help visualize whatsít all about would be nice.
Give me a while, I'll get some pics of Roos up for you.

I suppose noone knows a production studio or broadcasting company that's in need of a experienced sound engineer.....
I did, my local TV station, jobs gone now but they advertise every 12 months or so.

stupid thing is I allways thought Sydney to be the capital of australia
Nope it's Canberra. City of triangles and circles. Pretty apt actually they go round in circles while the rest of us keep the country afloat.
and is New Zealand a part of aus? I thought not but confused now.
As a nation no it's not, as a geographical piece of the continental plates yes 1/2 of New Zealand is connected to Australia, but then again so is India.

Questions for the Aussies... I often wonder if you fellas ever experience the things that we Americans experience.... Being that Australia is like one huge island close to the equator, one has to wonder do Australians ever experience SNOW or very cold winters? How about huge mountains? Ever seen a glacier? Have you fellas ever experienced Hail, twisters, earthquakes... I have seen massive sand storms on the discovery channel in Australia and those are nuts..
Yep to snow, even as far north as I am.The lowest temp I have personally experienced is -12 degrees C (Don't know what that is in Degrees F sorry). Mountains we have the Great Dividing Range runs fro near teh tip of Queensland right down through to southern Victoria. Not very high as mountain ranges go but it has a huge effect on the environment.

Hail the size of Baseballs is not an uncommon event in parts of Australia. nearest Glacier is in New Zealand, have seen it on LOTR not in person. Earthquakes, um 1989 Newcastle Earthquake killed a few people and caused masses of damage to old buildings. Earth tremors are a common thing, Earthquakes less so. My farm is on the side of a hill, literally, I can see sandstorms coming, actualy any storm for that matter about 1/2 an hour before they arrive. Sandstorms are the pits, have to clean up for days afterwards. Twisters are called willy willies here, they can be small or large. They aren't as intense as they are in the US as the great devide stops alot of the warm/cold air meeting. A really small willy willy is called a dust devil. More common here, well on the coast anyway, is water spouts. Incredible sight to see.

One last question, how does the Australian legal system work? Do you have judges and juries to work together to convict criminals, or just Judges? Do you have open trails?
Our legal system is Westminster COmmon Law, just like yours actually. We have judges and jury but that often depends on the typ of case being heard.Juries Convist Judges deal out punishment. If you have money or influence you'll get a lighter sentence, if you get one that is. If your seen as a lowey you'll cop the ful force of the law.

Our legal system is Westminster COmmon Law, just like yours actually. We have judges and jury but that often depends on the typ of case being heard.Juries Convist Judges deal out punishment. If you have money or influence you'll get a lighter sentence, if you get one that is. If your seen as a lowey you'll cop the ful force of the law.

but no death penalty here

A few pics of Western Australia from my travels in my job.

Roads longer than Europe.
Holes deeper than Austrian cellars
Coast line, ranges etc etc

Plenty of jobs on offer here in WA of all kinds, the job section of the news paper is bursting every week. Any trade or qualification will pretty much get you in now.

PS, A note to all the Kiwi's that want to move to WA, the Canning stock route is a road not a festival......

Australia really sounds good to me... I hope one day I can make it out their to see all the great sites.....

Curious, Does England have any influence over the Australian culture? Were the first settling Australians of British decent? That's how the USA was started anyway.. A few Brits got lost in a row boat and ended up in the USA and called it home..... Then there was taxation without representation (England), and then the locals got drunk and pissed off and spilt some fine England tea in the Boston Harbor (hense - The Boston tea party)... It was then on, as the King or Queen at time of England got upset and sent out the Red coats raging......... Atleast I think that is how it went down back in the day, something like that anyway...

In regards to no death penalty - Do the Australian people in general really believe a serial killer can be rehibilitated?

PS, A note to all the Kiwi's that want to move to WA, the Canning stock route is a road not a festival......
Lol, your treading dangerous ground there.

Australia really sounds good to me... I hope one day I can make it out their to see all the great sites.....
Post a thread or something if you decide to do the trip and some of us will shout you a beer (if you drink beer that is).

Curious, Does England have any influence over the Australian culture? Were the first settling Australians of British decent?
Yes and yes. Our culture is based on british culture just like yours is, thus the common law system and representative parliament.

In regards to no death penalty - Do the Australian people in general really believe a serial killer can be rehibilitated?
Publicly no, privately no. There have been alot of moves in the last few years to make sentences mean what they say. Some guys who were given life, not a number like 25 years, are now in prison for life with no chance of release. The new thing we have is "truth in sentencing" so if your given life thats it, if your given a life term (doesn't happen often now) its 25 years (I know life and life term will be confusing, just trust us on it ok), if your given 25 years well self explanatory really.