Judge Sues Dry Cleaner $65 Mills for Lost Pants

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

Folks,

Here's the most recent and ridiculous law suit ever happened in the U.S. A Washington D.C judge sues a Dry Cleaner $65 Millions for his lost pair of pants. What do you folks think?

Here's the link: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/04/26/judge-sues-dry-cleaners-for-65-million.

I guess this judge went crazy after he lost his Divorce case. :no: I believe his underwear will cost about $ 1/2 million if he wins this case.

You can also google with more articles about this.

I had even heard about this law suit (sorry for the pun) all the way over here. I just want to know when we will get back to when Paris on the news is about France?

ahahaha thats fantastic! a bit keen though, when my drycleaners lost my pants i only sued for $20million, and thats only nz dollars too!! :D

I think its only fair. Apparently it is the second time they lost his pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
<sigh> I can remember a time when the American "system" was actually admired by the rest of the world, or maybe I was just young and very naive in the late 50's.

Now, with people like OJ, Bush & Cheney, Paris Hilton, this judge, and scores of other high profile personalities getting away with outrageous behavior, and not being held accountable, we seem to be not much more than laughing stock for the rest of the world.

Crooked politicians should be tarred and feathered, rich, spoiled heiresses who think they're above the law should be sentenced to a year of cleaning floors and toilets in public buildings, and judges who twist the laws around to their advantage should be disbarred.

But what do I know, maybe I'm just a lot older now, but still naive about how things "ought" to be.......

This is why so many scum bag lawyers are in business, just because of the possibility of a frivilous lawsuits like this one succeeding.....Some judges appear to be to old to judge... This could be one of those cases where the judge should be seriously checked for mental compentence....

Our judicial system works most of the time and is affective for the masses. When you get the millionaires seaking the lawyer dream team is where the unfairness begins....Travisties like the OJ trial will occure...They (the lawyers and defendants) hire investigators to dig, investigate, and find errors in the case and even in a closed case trail like OJ they somehow bring up reasonable dought with there findings and clever court savy to con the jury....It's a big joke...

Money does buy freedom and that is the flaw in our system...

Just for the record I am still bitter about that OJ verdict. I live only a mile away from OJ's old house where the killings occurred.... I lost a $100 bet to a friend that OJ would be found guilty... Needless to say I lost that bet to my suprise and lost my faith in the system...

Such a joke - The guy had motive to kill, was running from the police in his white Ford Bronce on TV news with a ton of getta way cash on the freeway...Etc..Etc.. In my book innocent men with money do not run... Again what a joke..."If the glove does not fit you the jury must all be illegit"... Come on!!!!...

On a positive note, atleast Paris Hilton got sent back too prison... Again that spoiled brat lives just a few miles away from me too...

It seems like all the big news happens around this LA area what's up with that?

....It seems like all the big news happens around this LA area what's up with that?
That's why it's called the city of Lost Angels. When the Angels decide to stop at this city for a break, they just lost their minds due to many crazy things happening around, and don't know where to find some good folks to start their businesses.

Cribbj,
I thought you're a Texan, having straight open wide fields & farms with only the skylines in the eye sights :bigeyes: , so you should have the same philosophy as Mr. Bush....LOL.

Cribbj,
I thought you're a Texan, having straight open wide fields & farms with only the skylines in the eye sights :bigeyes: , so you should have the same philosophy as Mr. Bush....LOL.

Steve, the only thing in sight on my skyline at home is the neverending trail of taillights on the Houston freeways.

And the only thing I'd like to think I have in common with Bush is the state we both live in, and I'd happily change that if I could, but wifey is stuck on the place. Maybe I'll change my Location here on Lextreme from Houston, to Algeria, because I'm actually here more than I am in Houston?

Guess this thread is hopelessly off topic now.......

other than rediculous scenarios such as this judge an his expensive pants, i like how you guys can sue for damages. you cant sue in nz unless there is gross professional negligence, which doesnt give much scope for compensation to those who're wrong done in general society.

wasnt there a case where some guy sued mcdonalds because his happy meal didnt make him happy? or the guy that sued becuase he spilt his mcd's coffee and burnt himself, so now all the cups have 'hot' on them. as if people dont know that their coffee will be hot?! the best one i heard was the winnebago ?(duno how to spell it) campervan with the old couple who put it in 'cruise control' then went out back for a tea, and it veered off the road and crashed. they won millions i believe. pity they didnt die actually, people like this need to be removed from the gene pool. lol.

i vote remove all unneccesary warning labels and let darwinism take its course ;)

http://www.policyguy.com/BadgerWarning.JPG

Somebody sued McDonalds because the happy meal didn't make them happy...That's funny, that's what that is......:haha:

Heck, I might try to sue Lexus because I have found a few inperfections over the years in my SC400 as not labeled in their ads..."Pursuit of perfection"... Do you guys think I could win a few million $ in punitive damages?

Cribbs don't be hate'n Bush because Hillary (D) ain't gonna be all that much better.... Although, Rudy will probably be our next president and not Hillary...

Jibby, don't tempt me to get on my soapbox about Bush and his cronies. I think this screen shot from Sky News in the UK pretty much says it all. It's a play on words, but I hope most here will "get" it.

Yes, Cribbj. I'm a little off the topic.

Recently I thought of this litigation case as an opposite situation where Sir Isaac Newton (the scientist) have found that white light is a mixture of varied colous rays. He jumped out of his bath tub, naked and yelled in happiness for this new finding that could help the society at large.

However, I'd imagine the above plaintiff judge will jump out of the court room and yell "I missed my pants" with 1/2 of his lower part naked, showing his real ugly identity. It's because he doesn't have any pants to wear, and not because he's found anything that could help the society.

Cribbs, I am not all that happy with Bush either...Big mess of a war he started and cannot finish, but what war isn't a mess? Ya Gotta fight terrorism right? It doesn't stop at Irak either... Bush is very weak on boarder control issues which pisses me off... However, on a bright note our economy and crime on the homeland has been stable throughout Bush's campaign making all our lives unchanged...

For that reason and that reason alone I am tolerant of Mr Bush....

When something outrageous happens, like this judge's news story, people feel the need to vent, then it's only natural to start venting about everything else that's FUBAR, and at the top of that list is always politics.

i learned along time ago to never debate religion. you can argue politics and debate the merits of ones opinions on politics. good luck doing that with someone religious. it will never end well (or somtimes it will just never end)

i learned along time ago to never debate religion. you can argue politics and debate the merits of ones opinions on politics. good luck doing that with someone religious. it will never end well (or somtimes it will just never end)
Very well said. That's how you'll live longer.