is the upto 95 idle valve compatable with..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

idle control valve..upto 95(rebuildable and i have one)..is it compatable with 95 valve (non rebuildable and maybe buggered and on my 95 engine)

dont want to just plug it in and see case its really really not and i end out shorting out a feed from ecu and killing that!abit paranoid i know,but if it can happen it bloody well will:eek:

your thoughts please..(not those thoughts!)

right,took the 91 idle valve to bits,cleaned and then plugged into 95 engine loom in place of 95 idle valve..

the valve slowly wound in to fully closed..bugger..
ok,so maybe the windings are trasposed?,so cut wires on plug and resoldered transposing them..sill no change stayed fully in,infact tried every combination possible..no change, fully wound shut..

i am surprised, i thought it would work,diagram on 91 and 95 shows same windings on idle valve going to same pin numbers on plug..

why you recon it not work?(tis a good valve)

I originally have a 95 SC engine, but then switched to 91 LS engine. I then use that 91 IAC and it plugs right into 95 SC harness. I compare between them and they look the same. The car runs like normal.

Look at the model #s of the IACV. The -20 is a direct swapout with the -10 (the IACV with the removeable stepper motor) ... but it is not rebuildable.

ok then...will bit the bulletand proper replace the iacv and see what happens..(wiring back to spec ,which is how i left it )

ok then...will bit the bulletand proper replace the iacv and see what happens..(wiring back to spec ,which is how i left it )

I should have added that here in the US of A the IACV runs $695 (at least at my local stealership).

I have no idea about availability of used parts in the UK ... but try to find either part (the -10 is prefered as it is rebuildable) used.

they are just as expensive here too...2nd hand bits are like rocking horse poo..thats why i was asking about change over availability as i have a good (and now rebuilt) -10 iacv..(i have a spare old engine,just a shame to canabilise it even with 250000miles on it ,as its still a1!though i recon the rods might find thereselves in my engine at some time or another..supercharger..)

what gave me worries was that when i plugged in the -10 iacv into the -20 loom it just would itself shut and stayed there, even though i let the engine run,varying the rpm up and down,back to idle ,below idle etc for 10mins or so..i had the -10 iacv still bolted up at the time and the -10 just plugged in so i could see what it did..i don't understand why it wound in and did not move..the ecu afterall did not know i had changed the iacv, it was never unplugged while powered up..still i may not have given it long enough for thr ecu to work out it had to readjust...

Attachments

• idlespee.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 18
  • throttle.pdf
    151.3 KB · Views: 12
not compatable..different voltage stepper motors..may work other way around,but not 91 iacv into 95 engine.