Intercooling Eaton M/MP112

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have discovered that Ford Lightenings are intercooled from the factory via a air/water cooler housed in an adaptor that goes between the manifold and supercharger. The intercooler matrix is made by Garrett so it will be good. This also means all required gaskets are readilly available.

I am pricing the parts from an LA Ford Dealer to see if this is the way to go.

I found an adaptor on ebay but didn't win it (long storey that involves children) so am chasing one new.

The unit looks around 75mm (3") high. Whilst it will not suit people supercharging engines in Lexus or Soarers it will be perfect for us "swappers" who have space or don't mind a blower poking out the top of our bonnets.

I think you could adapt the M90 to fit on the adaptor with little effort.

All you would need is small a radiator, bilge pump, hose and time and it would be done.

I think you find there are plenty of Jappanese water intercoolers that will do the job too
I think Subaru do one
& there should be plenty of small diesel trucks with them too

Gazzasore,

The advantage I see in the Ford set-up is it is a straight bolt on to the supercharger. The intercooler matrix is designed to fit in the box which means we are not creating "Heath Robinson" inventions to make it (hopefully) work. This means the only bit of engineering we need to do is adapt the bottom of the intercooler box to the 1UZ manifold.

Once I have some numbers on what it has cost me I will post them so people can conpare.

No the intercooler is housed in an adaptor that bolts between the supercharger anf the maniflod. It is not an integral part of the manifold.

It is a box (at a guess) 150mm wide by 300mm long and 75mm deep.

I will try and obtain photos and post them.

The Intercooler sits inside the manifold under the supercharger. It is nestled down in the valley.

I don't expect you would get the setup under a Soarer hood but on vehicles with room above the engine it is fine.

I'm hoping to get my MP112 and cooler in the next few weeks.

I have the whole shooting match from Throttle body to the manifold including injectors, fuel rails, looms and ignition coils.

Once I have it I will get some photos up on the Site.

To fit this would mean moving your starter motor (mine lives under the engine) to make room for the intercooler to fit in the valley.

Don't ask me about knock sensors as I think they will have to go to make room. From what I can see you shouldn't use them on a blown engine anyway and tune it correctly with a reasonable margin of safety.

And yeah the M90 does sound too small for a 4.7

M90 is what TRD sells for the toyota 4.7 and by the way we already dynoed her at 360h.p. at the rear tires without any intercooling running 8+psi and oem injectors. If we had the water injection or ic then im sure we could tune it for 400h.p. without problems.

m112 is what ford put on the 5.4 liter and it can run low 13's bone stock and my 4x4 has a lower curb weight.

Hmm, interesting that TRD uses the M90.

But the M90 is what GM used for is low revving 3.8L V6.
You put it on a high revving 4.7L, and it will choke the motor at high revs.

The Ford 5.4L isn't really a high revving motor either, so its probably well suited to the M112

This is just IMO though, it obviously works, but I reckon you would get more power for less work out of the M112