Infinti VH45

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
After my 1UZ 4Runner, (if I lose my mind that is) it will be time to stuff one of those in a Pathfinder (Or Xterra).... It's either that, or a Viper V10 into my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Oh damn, I just woke up from my daydream...

They are a very sweet motor, i was planning to put one into my GQ Patrol. I decided against it due to the weight of the patrol 2300Kg and the lack of knowledge about parts/wiring and also aviliblity of spare parts not being as good as the 1UZ.
So i decided a 1UZ Hilux was a better option than a VH45-Patrol.
The VK series are even better again the the VH's!

Glen75 said:
The VK series are even better again the the VH's!
Believe it or not, the VH45DE is stronger than the VK45DE. The VH block has more meat and it has the crank girdle that was left out of the VK block. They both share the 6 bolt main design.

I spoke with a guy who took apart a VH45. He said the rods are forged and are bigger than the ones in the SR20DET. So the only things cast in the rotating assembly are the pistons. The question is, "How strong are they?"

There is a VH45DE in a ski boat that is fitted with twin turbochargers. It is said to be putting out 700 hp on stock internals.

Here is a link to the ski boat:

http://forums.nizpro.com.au/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=780

Here's a video of the boat in action:

http://www.dynologic.com.au/vids/Nizpro-Speedboat-low.wmv

Sorry to drag up an old post, but ive just started a new forum dedicated to the nissan V8s. If anyone has anything to share in regards to tech stuff or transplants etc please join www.nissanv8.com
Thanks

I'm thinkin' that the VH45 is something that I should have considered more before I got started on my latest project... Hmmm... 700Hp on stock internals... not sure if a twin turbo 1UZ on stock internals can do that...
Anyone got dimensions on a VH45?

Cheers guys. Great info.
As per the other threads, the dimensions of the 1UZ are quite appealling for the tighter fits and given their age, seem to be more readily available. If only aftermarket parts were more off the shelf, then life would be a bit easier.

For the record, I've been messing around in my shed with a Lex motor (1uz of course), a Nissan GTR 4wd sump and an R32 GTR sump in the effort to transplant my ailing RB26 in my R32 GTR.

I have made the engine gearbox adapter and have the two bolted together and have got most of the way through the Engine (1UZ) to GTR sump adapter done.

The biggest issue I'm having is the fire wall paraphernalia, ie Brake Booster, ABS etc. All appears to require relocation (you'd think that I would have checked all that sort of stuff out before getting started, but... The rush of blood to the head made me consider the transplant in reverse... I'm an idiot!!!)

Anyway, I'll get around to putting a new thread together in the right section one of these days and give you guys a chance to throw in your feedback/advice.

Cheers,

Shuey

Yeah, no worries mate. I'll get to putting a thread together shortly.
I'm hoping to get up to a mates place this weekend with the engine and slot it into his empty engine bay (mine still has the RB26 in it at the mo) to see if I can get it to clear the brake booster etc. If so, then I'll push forward with the conversion. If not then I'll let it die a peacefull death and move on.
I'll put a few snaps and a log up on the Conversion section for the sake of it.
Stay tuned mate. You're in Perth to, so if I pull it off I'll show you how I did the adapters up and you can have a go ya self.
Cheers,
Shuey

that would be awsome, have u seen this conversion that was done over east ???? http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35764

even know its a gts, to mee it shouldnt be to different also he used a vh45 then supercharged it. so in theory it should be alot tighter then the 1uz.

will the gear box be fine with the 1uz? im not 100% but i herd that the gtr's if u make them permant 4wd they dont like it, or is it more the attessa system, im not sure. if so have u thought about any way to control the tourque split betweent eh front and rear???

chris

Yeah, Iv'e checked out that thread and to be honest with you I got lost in all the blah, blah blah that was going on in the thread. Great conversion though!
Not to sure how he went about his, but one thing is for certain the driver side (Aust.) cylinder head will come very close to the brake booster and clutch booster (yep, they have a clutch booster).
In a rear wheel only conversion you can get around this (if it is an issue) by simply moving the drive train forward. In a 4wd case you really want to keep the front diff (built into the sump) in the exact same location in all three dimensions, height, laterally and longitudinally. With this in mind there is a whole stack of inherent issues.

As far as the 4wd system is concerned, that's real easy. Leave it to the factory Attessa system to do it's job and retain that segment of the electronics/hydraulics etc to do its thing.

Anyway, before we get to carried away with this conversation and wind up blah blahing to much in the wrong section of this forum, I'll start a new thread in the right section... just don't go hangin' me if I don't update it with photo's and stuff to regularly...
Cheers,
shuey