I need help to get a 2UZ to run (wiring it in a hilux)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JamesD

Ok here is the deal. I have a 2UZ out of a 2000 Tundra 2wd. I will be taking the engine and drivetrain and putting it into a 93 2wd Toy truck. I have the harness that goes from the engine to the ECU and I have the ECU as well, what I do not have is the interior harness and fuse box that goes from the ECU to the drivers kick panel fusebox. I have been searching for years and not luck. So what do I need to make it run? I read about MegaSquirt and I'am not understanding the whole system and how it work. Yeah I read their site as well. Can I use a 1UZ harness and computer and make it work? Any help would be appreciated. I have had 0 luck on this!:banghead:

James

u dont need the fusebox

they only need afew relays and fuses for the engine to work

just make the loom complete stand alone from the car

does the 2uz have security in the ecu

if it does u need the ecu immobiliser unit and the key and key reader

just use std 2uz loom and ecu and mod it to be standalone

piss easy take me a day to do

u dont need the fusebox

they only need afew relays and fuses for the engine to work

just make the loom complete stand alone from the car

does the 2uz have security in the ecu

if it does u need the ecu immobiliser unit and the key and key reader

just use std 2uz loom and ecu and mod it to be standalone

piss easy take me a day to do

I do not know if it has a chip in the key for the years I need. I'am pretty sure it does not. Also I do not have the harness that goes from the fusebox to the computer. I can figure it out if I did have the harness but it is much easier to plug and play. The 1UZ does not have all the crap that the 2UZ does. Too bad I couldn't use the 1UZ harness.

James

Can I somehow use a 1UZFE harness and computer our of a LS400? I found a cab harness and it will not work. The two plugs that go into the computer are keyed differently. I would need a 2004 ECM. I have a 2000 and a 2001 ECM out of a Tundra.

If I were to use a LS400 harness, what do I exactly need to get the 2UZ to run?

James

it all depends
the 1uz ecu is tuned to suit the 1uz injectors

so if the 2ux ones flow slightly different to the 1uz then it will never be right

trying to do it using bits from here and there will never be right

you will just be bodging it up

if all the snesors from a 1uz are same as a 2uz then it might half work

never stuffed round with a 2uz and cant be stuffed learning bout them as they are not popular here

this is reason y i yell people over and over

buy a complete set
u dont know just how much i have to yell that at people and they still dont understand

i would sell all the bits u have and start agan

buy a complete set

otherwise just buy a cheap aftermarket ecu

how much do u want t spend if its under 2 to 3 grand then just walk away

dont do the job

u said u are taking engine and box out fo a tundra
doesnt this mean u have all the wiring

y do u have a problem then
nothing will be straight plug in
u might have to do afew hundred hours of wiring up

if u have the engine harness for the 2uz from ecu to engine then u should be right

i can wire anything if u have the harness from ecu to engine

but double check for security

but get it out of your head that nothng is plug and play

especially on toyota harnesses

and anyone who says they can sell u a plug and play harness is just spinning bullshit i have dont around 100 1uz wiring and impossible to make it lug and play without doing afew dodgey connections which i dont like doing

I can wire everything up myself. I'm very good at wiring. I know all the sensors will not be a plug and play. I would use the sensors off a 1UZ along with the injectors. I would also use the throttle body from a 1UZ if it would bolt up.

I bought the engine and trans as one. The engine harness was cut. I have two engine harnesses one out of a 2001 and one out of a 2002. Looking at the wiring diagrams I do need the interior harnes to run the motor since it gets power from the cab interior fuse/relay panel. The interior harness I got was from a 2004 Tundra and I was hoping it would have the same 2 plugs and plug into the ECM but no such luck. All I want the pigtails that go into the computer. I can rewire everything else to make it work. Even if I got an interior harness and the wiring was differnet I still could make it work as long as the connectors that go to the ECM are the same. Moving pins around and splicing wires is not a big deal for me.

I know the 2UZ Tundra's from 00-04 are the NON VVTi engines. Now I also looked at the early non VVTi lexus computers. The early computers had 4 plugs and I searched and got somewhat of an answer. From what I read, please do not hold me to it, is that you only need roughly 4 wires out of the fourth plug to make the engine run. That being said, I hopefully can swap out certain sensors to make the 2UZ run from the 1UZ electronics. What I do not know if that the cam and cranksensors have the same amount of teeth on them as that of the 2UZ motors. If they are the same they will produce the same wave pattern. Now for the ignition I will just use the 1UZ distributor. All the other sensors should be the same, the pigtails going to them may be different but I can always splice those as well.

James

yes 4 wires
u dont really want to know what i think of people who say that

is the transmission auto ro manual

if its auto u have to see if the 1uz ecu can run it

u dont need fusebox u just need the extra plugs on the ecu which go up to the dash

anyway the way yr goin to do the job means theres prob no one here that has done it that way

even i cant say anyhting except be prepared to run round in circles
and if u hit afew barriers just sit donw and try to figure how to work aorund them

do u know if a 2uz has same crank and cam sensor signals as a 1uz
is auto controlled same way

tps wont matter
water temp wont matter

do u have a 1uz air flow meter
do u have 1uz ignitors

my 2uz cd is at my shop and im on holidays

Hi James,
adding my two cents here, I think you're asking for a whole bunch of trouble. The 1UZ ecu will never perform perfectly on a 2UZ engine. The increased displacement of the 2UZ was never considered in the design of the 1UZ ecu and even if the sensors are wired up correctly, the ecu is never going to be able to alter the air/fuel/timing maps to run perfectly.

Consider this - you would never buy an aftermarket ecu, tune it for the 1UZ, swap the motor to a 2UZ and expect it to perform efficiently/economically/properly.

Anyway, I'm completely happy to be proven wrong so all the best with your transplant.

Hi James,
adding my two cents here, I think you're asking for a whole bunch of trouble. The 1UZ ecu will never perform perfectly on a 2UZ engine. The increased displacement of the 2UZ was never considered in the design of the 1UZ ecu and even if the sensors are wired up correctly, the ecu is never going to be able to alter the air/fuel/timing maps to run perfectly.

Consider this - you would never buy an aftermarket ecu, tune it for the 1UZ, swap the motor to a 2UZ and expect it to perform efficiently/economically/properly.

Anyway, I'm completely happy to be proven wrong so all the best with your transplant.

You make a good point but volumetric efficiency is very close between the two motors. We are only talking .7 liters bigger.

James

yes 4 wires
u dont really want to know what i think of people who say that

is the transmission auto ro manual

if its auto u have to see if the 1uz ecu can run it

u dont need fusebox u just need the extra plugs on the ecu which go up to the dash

anyway the way yr goin to do the job means theres prob no one here that has done it that way

even i cant say anyhting except be prepared to run round in circles
and if u hit afew barriers just sit donw and try to figure how to work aorund them

do u know if a 2uz has same crank and cam sensor signals as a 1uz
is auto controlled same way

tps wont matter
water temp wont matter

do u have a 1uz air flow meter
do u have 1uz ignitors

my 2uz cd is at my shop and im on holidays

The trans is auto and I believe the shift solenoids are the same. I do not have any 1UZ parts yet but I can always get them. I figure I would post up first before I take any action.

Remember the 2UZ has throttle by wire.

James

Old thread revival .. sorry.

Just wondering if I can run a 1UZ TB in a 2UZ TB to make it functuion with cable acelerator system .?

And what to do if I had the ECU but not the keys, there is a bypass option to the security system at the ECU .?

thanks !!!

u cannot run a 2uz ecu if u plan to run a 1uz tb

there might be ways around it but u need to do alot fo mucking round

just sell it all and buy a car with a 2uz already

or buy everything u need for the 2uz

personally i think yr wasting yr time unless u plan to run everything to match the 2uz and looks to me its goin to be very expensive for u

u cannot by pass security on tpoyota ecus
so u need ecu and matching immobiliser box and coded key
if u use 2uz ecu u need to run fly by wire
so i would sit down and think very hard about which way u want to go

i have done alot of the toyota diesel 1hdte engines that come from late mdoel landcruisers and these cars also come with 2uzs

there is no way to get these engines started without the

CORRECT KEYS AND IMMOBILISER UNIT AND ECU

it might be cheaper to just buy an aftermarket ecu to suit the 2uz

piss easy to wire comes with instructions which means u dont have to beg on lextreme for some heheehe

and no security problems
and no air flow meter probs

and u tune it to whatever sensors and injectors u use

how easy can it be

u cannot run a 2uz ecu if u plan to run a 1uz tb

I plan to run the 2UZ ECU in fact I have it .. and it's the factory that come with the engine from a Tundra .. ( 2003 )

or buy everything u need for the 2uz

that the way to go .. just need to fugure what I need ..

u cannot by pass security on tpoyota ecus
so u need ecu and matching immobiliser box and coded key
if u use 2uz ecu u need to run fly by wire

Damn .. ! that will be a issue coz I don't have the cilinder and key ..

it might be cheaper to just buy an aftermarket ecu to suit the 2uz

piss easy to wire comes with instructions which means u dont have to beg on lextreme for some heheehe

and no security problems
and no air flow meter probs

and u tune it to whatever sensors and injectors u use

how easy can it be

Where to start ..? where to get this kind of ECU .. ? actually I bought the engine from David here ..

not really ive said enough

yr on yr own now

seriously unless u understand how all this **** works then yr fukt

ive been doing converisons for 15 years

anything is doable but how much are u willing to spend

Fact .. I love to learn and underestand what I'm doing, but it takes time. I don't have a money line, but sure wanna be the best with the less money. Is not about waste money or yes .. ?

I thought maybe someone can make a ECU to run the 2UZ that don't need the securirty part .. maybe just reprogramin the factory. I'm still learning.

One of cheap ways to run your 2UZ.
to get 1UZ upper part with its loom and ECU.

By doing this you will get more horsepower!!​

One of cheap ways to run your 2UZ.
to get 1UZ upper part with its loom and ECU.

By doing this you will get more horsepower!!​

Thanks dude ..

I have the top part of my 2UZ " worked " by David vavles and other misc stuff so I wanna keep it .. and I know the ECU from a 1UZ are not enought ( injectors issues ) as factory to bring all performance from a 2UZ ( factory ) but what about using the 1UZ ECU and working on it to make it better than the 2UZ .. ?

there is one that " work " over the 1UZ ECUs . ?