I Can't Believe It!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I was test driving my car early this morning at around 12 mid night. The car pulls very in D and harder with over drive. I boosted few times very hard to 12.75 psi and the car pulls like my Supercharged Cobra. I got off the freeway after 12 miles or so. I also did some boosting in low or no traffic street.

All of the sudden, my car rev to redline and the car wasnt moving. I knew something was very wrong. I put the car in 2 and 1 gear and nothing. I finally came to a stop and tried R, still no action. The engine rev and idle normal, but it wont move at all. No grinding sound or shatter. It seems like the engine/tranny was not engaged.

The worst thing wasnt the car, the worst that i did not bring my mobile phone, wallet or anything at all. I walked about 1 mile to get to a pay phone to call for a taxi. Wow..... Can you believe it.. I would assume my was making about somewhere between 350 to 425 rwhp.

Now its time to towl to a tranny shop.......

Man that sux David...... sounds like you're a candidate for John's torque converters and/or a tranny rebuild. Too bad it's such a long tow to his shop (IPT) from LA!

Whose torque converter are/were you running?
John

John,

You wouldn't believe this..... the tranny was 2 qts low on oil. I guess low oil the tranny doesnt have oil pressure and no engaugement. Its all ok now.... Damn...... Still little pissed about walking for about 1 miles in the middle of the night with no money, no driver license and no phone........

You got out of that one cheap.

What's with the midnight boosting? Lucky you don't live downunder or you would have no licence to carry anyway.

It's a typical chick question "have you checked the oil?"

Is it possible that tranny oil leak into the engine via vacuum lines? I have heard some domestic car have that type of situation. Could this happen to our car?

glad you didnt get mugged mate! my sisters boyfriend got robbed with a gun to his head for 10 bucks, and they were in a nice apartment complex thats gated.

I have a spare 92 tranny that was in perfect shape for free whomever wants it! its just in my way now, I have pics somewhere.

Jeff

Lextreme said:
Is it possible that tranny oil leak into the engine via vacuum lines? I have heard some domestic car have that type of situation. Could this happen to our car?

No. The Toyota trans would have a mechanical cable link to the engine not a vacuum line some older type transmissions.

Check your radiator for oil in the water. That's a lot of fluid to lose.

My old Mercedes used to leak trans oil. One day it did what Davids has done. Ceased to proceed.

The low oil resulted in the clutches burning and it cost me over $4,000 Aussie to rebuild the trans.

My Wifes 03 Mercedes had the heat exchanger in the radiator fail. Sucked the glycol into the trans oil and destroyed the trans. Replaced under warranty. Cost $10,000 aussie.

David I hope you avoid the cost of a re-build. It may be worth collecting Lowboost's spare trans when in Vegas for SEMA.

Good clean cool oil is the lifeblood of your trans. Respect it and it will save you heaps.