Hydraulic fan pump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alouette

I am planning on fitting the 1UZ into a Land Rover.
I have decided to go with electric fans - past experience and advice from the forum

This does however raise the question of what to do with the hydraulic pump on the 1uz.

Do I need to engineer an alternative tensioner - have been down a similar long and rocky route on one of my other vehicles - turned out to be a tricky mod which took a lot of time and money to sort out!
OR
Can the pump run with no oil ie are the bearing self lubricated or do they use the oil in the pump.
OR
Can the pump run on a closed loop - ie keep it there for something else and just let it pump into a tank? (Could work out rather nice for a hydraulic winch or hydraulic air compressor... One day, long into the future...)
OR
Is there a way to remove the pump all together?

Advice please!

Yep, just disassemble the pump and get rid of it, you might have to machine the housing a bit to clear the belt. You'll need a shorter belt because the pump pulley will be in the bin :)

Lextreme sells the parts here. I think it's called a fan bracket or something. The 2UZ's have a plain pulley in place of the hydro pump too.

Thanks for all the info

As I have posted elsewhere, in SA we are limited in what engines are available. I will only be able to tell you what engine and gearbox I have the day I actually buy it off the floor!!!

I will most certainly see if I can get hold of one from an LS400.

I doubt that I will run an A/C - I am building an open to "jeep" style vehicle and doubt that I will have enough space or patience for a cooling package!