Hurricane Ike

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi guys, the wife & I are in San Antonio visiting our son who's in the Air Force, so I brought my laptop with me so I could check in. As you probably know by now, Galveston, TX took a direct hit from the storm, then it came north and ripped us a new a*s in Houston. Our town is about 40 miles north of Houston and is heavily wooded, so most of our damage was due to downed trees. I lost 3 trees, but fortunately they didn't damage anything coming down. We also had some water leaks through the roof, and our power's been off since Saturday, but that's it. I bought an 8kW generator, so we can run some window fans and keep the frig & freezer running.

It's not the most pleasant experience enduring 90+ degree Texas heat without A/C, but it could've been a LOT worse, and we have a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers, and please keep those poor people in Galveston in your prayers.

Seeing as I'm a Lineworker here.. I know just how much work goes into putting everthing back!! That in most cases includes substations and tranformers etc.. Take it easy on those guys.. We often get abused for customers power being off.. But they also have to remember most the guys working, havn't been home either..