How to make 450 - 500 hp on 1UZ ??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

Hi guys ,

I have stock 1UZ internals and standard ECU also stock auto transmission .

My question is: If I put 7MG injectors ( 315 cc ) and twin turbo from manufactory

Japanese Toyota MU engine ( 2000 cc ) .48 , it will make 500 hp ??

- What about M112 turbo ? From where I can get it ? How much the price ?

Good starting point would to try Richwood technologies,they have what you need..Im sure 450-500 hp is possible,may need bigger injectors..may is the word..

Umm, M-U has a single turbo, and its VERY old technology
M112 is a supercharger, not a turbo...

I'd suggest spending a couple of weeks on the internet searching/reading/learning.

forget about the FI issue the thing you need to look into is your engine. The stock engine is not likely to handle that much HP, Neither is the stock tranny

morris said:
forget about the FI issue the thing you need to look into is your engine. The stock engine is not likely to handle that much HP, Neither is the stock tranny
Stock internals can take 400-500 FlywheelHP,there's a few here with that,as for the Tranny,by all report they handle 400-450 rwkw,with a bit of work.Here in Australia,they have that tranny rebuild for Aus $2600,which will take 450rwkw(which is close to 600 fwhp).

I guess I was thnking rwhp the magic number seems to be around 400rwhp from what I have expereinced and what I hear back from the others that are using the same 1uz vvt engine.

From my experence the boost to get to 500 rwhp is goig to be more than you want to run with the stock high compression pistons

Yeah,bit hard to get 500 rwhp from stock and expect to last..ill be quite happy with 500 fwhp..but then iv read/heard that hp are very addictive..

Question

I am wandering how much I can get from that setup ?? It well be stable ?? I can not do tuning in the standard ECU !!

okay.. im confused so I might as well just ask. rwhp and fwhp in the same car? Do ya mean AWD with a center differential that puts more power to the front, and then splitting up the power ratings by each axle? Or is this talking two different cars? 500 fwhp is not going to be much different from 500rwhp, although I guess front wheel drive cars have a bit less drivetrain loss than rear wheel, I doubt it would enough to cross the breaking point of the 1uz .. also, im at a loss for why one would choose to take a rear wheel auto and switch to a front wheel setup.. probably an expensive swap too. Although if you were talking AWD, that does make more sense, of course then the power numbers you are talkin just ballooned, a lot. Unless you are talking about a dual engined car, but then that is a whole 'nother monster. Now, I don't profess to be anywhere near as knowledgable as the average Lextremer.. but im just really confused here.

mshawari1 said:
I am wandering how much I can get from that setup ?? It well be stable ?? I can not do tuning in the standard ECU !!
I dont think you will be able to do much without a way to tune the fuel at least. Anything over 5 psi or so is going to make the stock ecu have fits. You could run a piggyback to help tune. Or I suppose you could try to do some rudimentary tuning with a PSI regulator, I wouldnt though.

Morris,

I think the 98+ (VVTi) 1UZFE have weak rods. Perhaps the older 1uzfe would able to handle more hp? What do u think? From what I have seen post 98 engines from Toyota/Lexus have the smaller/thinner rods. Please see below.

IMG_0070.jpg

THe one on the far left is the 98 right arent the inner two from a GS430? THat one on the far right I have no idea about.

But my thought is more that the pistons will be issues before the rods. spefiically the ring lands, which seem to fail around 400 rwhp on the 1uz vvti

far left is 1UZ non-vvti
2nd and 3rd are 2UZ and 1UZ VVT-I (i think, or 3uz, lex will correct me) then the last one is a special order forged rod.

mybrainisimmense
user_offline.gif
: I think he means FlyWheelHP

Sorry Morris,

I didn't specify:

First Rod: Pre 98 1uzfe
Second Rod: 2UZFE
Third Rod: 3uzfe and post 98 1uzfe (all the rods are the same from 98 on regardless of motor)
Fourth: Lextreme Lightening Rod. H Beam forged rod.

RWHP rear wheel horsepower measured on a chassis dyno=actual HP to the ground
FWHP flywheel (engine only ) horsepower. To accurately measure this the engine would have to be out of the car and set up on an engine dyno. This is how the manufacturer quotes horsepower because it sounds more impressive. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER A less confusing term would be drive wheel horsepower

Lextreme said:
Sorry Morris,

I didn't specify:

First Rod: Pre 98 1uzfe
Second Rod: 2UZFE
Third Rod: 3uzfe and post 98 1uzfe (all the rods are the same from 98 on regardless of motor)
Fourth: Lextreme Lightening Rod. H Beam forged rod.
Crap, thats not what I wanted to hear! Now I'm getting nervous all over again about the rods and there HP abillity. I have the pistons handled but now I am second guessing the rod hp ability.

I can run at 500 rwhp which I am guessing is around 600fwhp, that might stress those skinny little rods.:eek1:

morris said:
Crap, thats not what I wanted to hear! Now I'm getting nervous all over again about the rods and there HP abillity. I have the pistons handled but now I am second guessing the rod hp ability.

I can run at 500 rwhp which I am guessing is around 600fwhp, that might stress those skinny little rods.:eek1:
toyota stopped to sell supercharger kits for the Tundra because some engines could not handle the additionnal power.

since the blower gives about 30-35% more HP, that would mean your UZ cannot handle really more than 350-380HP.

Morris,

Here is a picture of my 98 block. It was from a LS400. Please dont get a heart attack when u see pictures below. How do I know it was from a 98 1ufe? The third picture shows the main caps. These main caps from VVTi engines. I used them in my 2UZFE block.