How To Identify Traction Control on 1uzfe???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
there will be a big peice of plastic that covers the throttle body with 'traction control' written on it. failing that, the throttle body will have two throttle postion sensors (the second is for the traction control butterfly which is activated by a motor sticking out the other side of the throttle body. there is a list of what motors/cars have tc on this site on a technical article on conversions, somewhere. most of the cars have traction.

The half cut is a Toyota Soarer SC400 limited V8.
It does have a black plastic cover on the throttle body but it doesnt say traction control.

Can i physically remove all of it as i want the engine to have as little extra crap as possible?

Most SC400's don't have traction control.

Look to see if it has has 2 throttle blades in the throat of the throttle body.

I expect it only has 1 blade and doesn't have traction control.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 30
i chopped mine in half, cut off the stuff on the underside (the water passages), and made a bracket to hold the throttle cable. (i also removed the vacuum tubes off the top of the tb and blocked the holes, then painted the whole thing, but this isn't really needed). it takes some cutting and filing, but should be worth the extra hp or so from not having the tc butterfly in the way. i have heard of people welding up the holes from removing the tc butterfly, but i was advised not to do this because welding it could distort the metal and then you'd have to have it machined round again (to prevent butterfly jamming i suppose). cutting the tc stuff off is better coz youve got more room to put an intake pipe then, and it looks nicer than the original tb looked.
note. i am using an oil breather bottle setup so dont need the pipe that went to the tb from the cam cover, but you could just run that pipe to your intake pipe no worries.

Ok, The motor only has one throttle body blade so it must not be a traction control model???

As a matter of interest do you have a photo of your engine just so I can see the difference???

Here's a photo of a traction control T/B.

You'll see it has two dashpots on the front of the t/b whilst you only have 1.