Can you identify this gearbox?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

teq

Hi Guys,

I've been working on a project to drop a 1UZ into a 1991 Toyota Landcruiser Sahara
I've opted to use a 2UZ 5 speed manual (H151) from a 2000~ model 100 series Landcruiser, I rang my local wreckers and after about 6 weeks they found one for me

It arrived at my house and I've done some quick measurements but I don't think it's the right box, or at least the bell housing doesn't appear to be right

The two bolts either side of the starter are 200mm apart (50mm wider apart than on the 1UZ it's self)
I was under the impression that 2UZ and 1UZ both share the same bolt pattern for the bell housing?
The thing that has me wondering is the starter hood appears to be in the right spot for a v8 ..
Width wise the bell housing is 100mm wider than the 1uz block

box04.jpg

More pictures @ http://unix.org.au/~brett/cruiser/gearbox/

Cheers

Brett

From memory the 2UZ used a weird bellhousing that had a front ring bolted onto the front of the housing in your photo that then bolted to the engine.

The flywheel used was too big to fit into the bellhousing.

Essentially the bellhousing you have in your photo was the "meat in the sandwich" between the gearbox and ring that bolted to the engine.

Google it and you may find a photo.

I haven't looked at this for years as I once thought it was the way to go but I ended up using Patrol driveline.