How to control Toyota 343 auto?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mattmannz

My Surf has a 1UZFE with a Link ECU and a R151 trans.

I am contemplating converting to an automatic, there are plenty of trans available from the 3L V6 and 3L diesel motors around here.

My question is how best to control the trans? I have heard of a few people manually wiring them up so they are a full manual however I would quite like the full auto option as well.

I had heard that there was one model of 1UZ that had a separate trans computer, if so could this be wired up to control the trans without too much drama?

Cheers
Matt.

Factory UZS131 Auto ecu will not work directly with an aftermarket ecu, as there are a couple of wires that run from the factory engine ecu to the auto ecu.
You may be able to get it working with a box of tricks to emulate the engine ecu's signals, but I don't think anyone makes these yet.

Depending on how many solenoids the autobox has, you will be able to control it manually with buttons. But that requires a box of tricks of its own.

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the factory auto ecu? I could then work out what the inputs are and possibly duplicate them.

The full manual option shouldn't be that difficult to sort out, a bunch of relays and some buttons should allow me to control the 1-4 gears.

I really want a full auto option though if possible.

Cheers
Matt.

the wires from engine to auto ecu are data wires

i doubt u will find what signals go down them to easily

yr best bet is to get a 7mgte auto ecu and wire it up
still wont be 100%

only thing thats 100% will be an aftermarket ecu fopr the auto
but that will cost you nearly as much as the engine ecu

Thanks Sideshow.

I still don't have a wiring diagram yet so not sure how many wires go to the auto ecu but I would be suprised if there was too many and wouldn't have thought the signal's would be hard to replicate.

Will have a look once I get a diagram and see if I can work it out.

Worst case, I might have to sell my Link ECU and convert to a standard ECU.

Cheers
Matt.