How much NOS spray can this block take?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

98GS400Turbo

3" Exaust
Stock block (bored, balanced...)
JE 2618 custom pistons 8.2:1
pauter rods
.10 over

I'm giving up on the turbo for a while, so I figure I'll just spray it, fast, cheap, dangerous.

98GS400Turbo said:
3" Exaust
Stock block (bored, balanced...)
JE 2618 custom pistons 8.2:1
pauter rods
.10 over

I'm giving up on the turbo for a while, so I figure I'll just spray it, fast, cheap, dangerous.

The above combo is not cheap.

Bored and Balanced (assembly and engine installation) will run about 3k
JE Pistons run about 1000
Pauter Rods run about 1400
NOS system & Installation 1000
Fuel pump: 130
Injectors 600
Tuning 1000
Misc.. 250

I've already paid, engine has been running well for a year. With NO BALLS! NO BOOST! NO SPRAY! Because the original tuner screwed me real nice and never did any of the hard stuff (build the piping for the turbo....)

So now I'm tired of waiting and just want to spray it instead of paying another 20k or so to have it piped and get turbos, and all the other nightmares we've all read about.

I'm this guy: http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2938

What were rods made of? Stock motor can take 125 shot safely, and 150 pushing it. if you have all forged internals i wouldn't say a 200 shot would be unreasonable at all. Of course for a 200 shot youd have to do fuel mods, most probebly a progressive n2o controller, at least 2 step colder spark plugs, etc. And its not dangerous if you do it the right way, its just n2o has a bad rep. from people not obaying simple rules... like never hit the rev limiter while spraying... only spray above 2500 -3000 rpms... and other stuff. But i agree, nitrous would be a cheap and effective way to see some good things come out of all the hard work youve done to your motor.

Shift kit has nothing to do with how much your engine can take. I would say about 100 to 125 since u have rods and pistons. Most importantly is tuning of fuel and ignition. U can get bigger shot if you have proper tuning and fuel supply.

yeah, only thing stopping you from going really big is ignition and fuel supply, just get the bigger fuel pump from lextreme and upgrade your ignition along with a step or two colder plugs. And if you go with a dry kit you might want to upgrade your injectors.

Attachments

• isc.JPG
    isc.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 11
  • isc2.JPG
    isc2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 10
I put over 200 RWHP on the stock motor and didn't have any problems.
Pauters X-bean rods are in my oppinion the best in the market.
Toyotarod.jpg

With Pauter rods, and J&E pistons, I see no reason the motor couldn't handle over 1000HP If the fuel is right.

Engine is blown now. block is cracke,d hole in piston, apparently a valve stuck open, knocked a hole in piston, and somehow cracked the block? And this is with no nitrous yet. What happened?

Any pix? Because you had low compresson pistons, the valve should not have even hit the piston, let alone blow a hole in it...............Load some pix up so we can see what happened.

well one thing is if you did have low compression pistons it would run like crap with or without spray, it prolly wouldnt have 150whp! Something wasnt done right, first off is that you cant have to low compression without a turbo or something! also I bet the reason it blew was lack of oil pressure or oil level, and reving to high