How much hp/torque M90 can make?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bango

How many hp and Torque realistically the M90 (eaton)can provide,?I read all these M90 projects,would say these combo make 500 hp..?
9.5 Cr
better headers
315 cc injectors
Tune up (piggy back ecu)
What do you think?

500 hp? i think u could get around 300 to 315 hp, i was going to do this to my car an after looking at all the money i would spend, i just went with the twin turbo kit, with the right stuff your looking around 500 or so, but ask around these guy know more then me

i've seen m90 dyno's that are pretty low for supercharged v-8's, go to club soarer and look at the dyno archives and it lists what the cars have. I think i have seen anywhere up to 240rwhp with the m90. Just doesn't seem worth it.

I've just installed a HE112 on a 1UZ,not intercooled,9lb boost, ran 317hp at 6500rpm limit(power still on way up) on dyno dynamic's dyno in shootout mode, a increase of 103hp at the wheels for a cost of about $6000.

What is needed to get 500-600 hp from Supercharging?Must be someone out there with this experience..unless im going to be the first...lol

something large, intercooled, and lots of boost. Maybe a large centrifugal, or something like an adapted lightning/cobra twin screw.

bango said:
What is needed to get 500-600 hp from Supercharging?Must be someone out there with this experience..unless im going to be the first...lol
Just to save you some headaches later on. It requires more fuel than 315's will provide. Even at 60psi on quality/new injectors, you're really only looking at about 520bhp.
IMO you need to take 2 steps larger. Start with 390's.

Twin screw whipple is one of the most powerful superchargers you can install on the 1uz-fe motors if i recall reading correctly...I could be wrong.... I would love to see a paxton or Vortech tried on these v8 import motors... The problem is the limited hood space with the bigger roots......

Lysholm superchargers are licensed to and repackaged by Whipple in the USA

Opcon Autorotor chargers are licensed to and repackaged by Kenne Bell in the USA.

Opcon Autorotor owns Lysholm, and IMO the Opcon Autorotor is the superior 'charger.

John

500 - 600hp from supercharging will cost a few dollars without a doubt.

Intercooling.
Water or metanol injection.
Build a good bottom end, or stroke it.
CR change.
Cams.
Head work.
Injectors.
Stand alone ECU.
Better cooling.
Headers & exhaust.

Then you will need to do the transmission.

Please stop me when I hit the $15,000 mark

It would be eaiser to say I have $x to spend what is the best bang for the buck. It would also depend on what type of driving you are going to do and in what.

Things can quickly get out of hand when chasing big hp.

Be realistic and enjoy.

I'm no expert but that's my two bob.

Depending on the application it's being used for....

A heavy vehicle would benefit a twin screw though you have to do new manifolds etc and not easy to intercool, plus will have more low down pull though will run out of puff higher up the revs.

A lighter vehicle for more fast road would benefit a centrifugal. You just need a bracket made and can then bolt on keeping the existing plenum and manifold in place. Plus it's much easier to intercool, is 'external' of the engine so can benefit from less heat soak from the block. However the nature of the beast is to produce more bhp and torque further up the rev range.

If I had a 4x4 truck, Ute, big 2 plus ton saloon etc I would probably go whipple/twin screw though would still consider heavily consider a centrifugal.

In a lighter car (maybe a celica conversion?) sand rail buggy, track car, and definately anything with a manual transmission I would definately have a centrifugal. As such, earlier this year I made my decision and bought a second hand Vortech over ebay.

For me a centrifugal is a lot of pluses from a turbo and a supercharger all mixed together.

We are back to Lex's thread on high or low power preferences and as such you need to drive a number of cars in different formats to get a real feel and think heavily about your installation before you make a decision.

Mark

Well Cribbs- I stand to be corrected...

Simply said if your shooting for massive power out of an SC or Soarer of 600hp or more, you should have no problem going broke....These cars simply are not built to take that much power from the engine to the wheels everything will break as all the lextremer's already know...

A powerful supercharger will rip the car apart...Cobber- you forgot the driveshaft, forgies, probably the rear end, spindles, etc...what else?? The list goes on and on...

I think money vs mod on SC, you probably don't want to go for anything more then 350whp because it starts to get really expensive after that point... A 600rwhp SC would probably cost more then 15k when it all said and done starting from scractch...... Your better off spending that money on something more cost effective to build...However a 600whp supercharged Lexus/Soarer sounds real nice though...This is why I have been leaning and looking into other options like the Gm LS1 engines, v160 6 speeds, etc... Even the stock built up tranny's stink...

I think lexus owners should consider mod'ing a different car when trying to make that much power.... It just doesn't make sense with the money you will spend....Just my thoughts as I have come to discover over the last half year trying to find ways around spending loads of money and get massive hp's out of my SC...It's just not going to happen....

Better off starting with a Supra, or some other car that is already built to handle those levels of power....

I remember talking with Tm Engineering a year ago when he was putting together his 1000hp+ or so SC4 together...I don't think there was one stock internal part left on that SC400 except the engine block...We are talking Complete chevy rearend, tranny, shafts, suspension, the car was just gutted and entirely rebuilt with stronger parts, and he (Todd at TM) probably went broke half way thru that project....However, it was looking very fat at the time...Extended wheel wells, huge Slicks, etc..etc..

Just something to consider...

jibbby...the 500-600 hp was at the crank,600 RWKW is massive...I understang big cost involved there,but from what i understand,1uz stock internals should take that(500-600 hp),the point of this thread is to find the ingredients for 500-600 hp(at the crank) maybe thats 450-500KW.?Could very well be 350RWKW

jibby.. you have a good point. That probably why there aren't any fast sc400's even 15 years after introduction, it takes money, and innovation. When someone wants to make a fast car, lexus doesn't usually come to mind. In the Austrailian's case though, they are usually transplanting these engines in lighter cars and in some cases converting them to manual transmissions. I don't know what car bango has, but it may be possible to make the power he wants on stock internals. Bango, you might look up the user GT8Justen (i think) on this thread, Is has made 430rwhp on stock internals although it is twin turbo. The 03/04 cobras over here make around 600hp at the crank with a pulley, a tune, and exhaust. That is on a 4.6L 32 valve v-8, so you should come close to those numbers adapting a cobra set-up on the 1uz. But, i think at a minimum you are going to need forged pistons, and maybe shot penn and stress relieve the rods, and rod bolts if you want. Otherwise, its very risky going to those levels on stock internals with the added strain of a crank driven supercharger, turbo's don't physically strain and steal hp quite like superchargers, so you have a very big ask of the 1uz.

Forged pistons are on the cards as for the rods...1 uz rods looks to take the load,considering the GB argrorace rods,but from all account the 1 uz rods should be good for 600-800 HP...So far the twinscrews type looks the go for 500+HP....will look up GT8Justen ,see what is doing..BTW,in Aus here ,there's a mob in SA that do up the 340-341's trans,they charge Aus$2600 to do uo to "stage 2" ie,440KW at the wheels,fully tricked etc..sounds just right for what im doing,im getting use to the auto trans now(allways had manuels..lol)