Hilux dash swap issues.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

5020Chris

Hi, thanks to many people and a lot of info on this site my Hilux 1uzfe is almost complete other than a problem with the rev counter / speedo. Because I have fitted in a R151f box from a surf I can no longer use my original speedo cluster because of the electric drive from the gearbox to the speedo. Could anyone give me any pointers on how to wire the speedo/rev counter up ? I have traced most of the wires on both assemblys and they appear to be 90% the same so will almost plug in ? Completely in the dark about how to wire these things up and don't want to cook the dash assembly, tracing the indicators and main beam lights etc was easy but the rev counter and speedo is a different matter:doh: ! Is there such a thing as a diagram/pinout for these things out there ? Have also thought of swapping the electric drive in the gearbox for a manual one but when I pull the plugs they are different inside and also quite like the look of the new speedo assembly LOL.
Sorry for the many questions, thanks in advance Chris.
Truck was a 1995 hilux 4x4 2.4D and the gearbox was from a 1994 2.4TD Hilux Surf.

u need to pull tacho out and get modified to suit a 4cyl tach signal
there is no other way unless u want to spend 300 bucks on sugnal multiplier

diesel tachos have around 10 or 20 pulses per cycle
compared to 1uz which has 4 so u need to mutliply it heaps which is not a good idea

find an instrument mob and get it modified

with speedo just run signal to s or p wire on back of dash for speedo

make sure u use correct speedo sensor to match the new dash

to be honest
if u dont knwo what half the things do pay someone

there are many ways to get yr cable speedo working agian
u need correct parts thou