HiLux Cold airbox...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Shuey

Hey guys,

Just about finished my cold airbox off for my HiLux, so I thought I'd throw up a photo for you guys to look at... Food for thought on your own projects.

Have yet to do the final fit up and also cut the hole through the guard for the 80mm snorkle, but you will get the idea.

If anyone is interested in some info on the box, or more photo's, let me know...

Cheers,

Shuey

Yeah... I need to reduce the size of the photo... to big to post... Reformatted my PC the other day and need to reload some software... stay tuned...

Hi Shuey,
It looks real trick. Post some more pics as you get done, as I'd be interested in how you plumb in the idle control air circuit etc.

Once I get my new radiator in, I'll be doing something similar. I intend to duct cool air in from beside the drivers side headlight (relocate the horn) and make a 3/4 box much like yours

Let us know how much sweeter it runs.

Muzz

Nice work I used an oiled foam unifilter myself because i was a bit doubtful of the ability of that sort of filter to actually filter out small particles.
Looks like one would fit in that nice housing of yours anyway if you changed your mind. The air going to your IAC valve should be filtered .I made up a cold air arrangement to suck air from above the headlight see pic

Hey Guys,
Yeah, the IAC is all sorted to. On the bottom of the Air Flow Meter is a bung with a threaded plug. I simply removed the bung and the threaded plug then tapped a 16 x 1mm thread into it (leaving the orginal threaded section alone, just in case I want to return it to factory) then machined up an aluminum barbed nipple to screw into that location.
At first I though that the threaded plug was some sort of adjustment to the Air Flow meter, cos when you remove the bung, it looks like it is indexed to the AFM with an imprint... Does that make sense?? Anyway, I've run the car for about 50kms all rigged up and it runs fine.
I'm outa town for the next week or so, so I won't be working on it for a while... Definitely post a few pic's as I finish it off.
Cheers,
Shuey

The bung covers a fine adjustment for the small chamber of the AFM.

As long as you don't move it should be ok.

I think the IAC should come in after the AFM not in the middle of it. The airflow to the IAC would be so small I don't think it will matter too much.

Hmm... I've removed it all together... Hope it won't affect things to much....If it does then I'll drill a hole through the centre of it and screw it back in to the same location... 1.8th of a turn off the bottom.
Thanks for that info.