Help with Engine Choice

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BradW

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and would appreciate some help with choosing a suitable donor engine.
We (www.locost.co.za) import Westfield and Leugo Sportscar here into South Africa, Luego produce a Viento, which is a large 'Lotus 7' style of car designed for bigger engines, here in SA we are getting the imported 1UZ motors and we would like to build one of these into a Viento.
At our 'local' importer there are two 1UZ's available, there appears to be minor differences in them, and I would appreciate any help 'picking the best'

One is a front sump, serial no 0272725, with the words "Toyota" on the centre cover and "V8 Four Cam 32 Valve" on the cam covers

The other is centre sump, serial no 0082452 with the words "V8 32 Valve" on the centre cover and "Toyota" on the cam covers.

For our installation the sump doesn't matter but I would like to try and find out the differences between the two.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

I assume the front sump would be from the Celsior and the mid sump would be from the Crown and the Rear sump would be from the Soarer. Front or the rear sump would be a better choice.

Attachments

• ls500.jpg
    ls500.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 24
  • ls500a.jpg
    ls500a.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 29
Brad,

Those 32 valve 4 cam covers didn't come on mid sump engines. Well as far as we know.

I hope this isn't another variation on the 1UZ theme. Could you post some photos of the mid sump engine. From the top, side on and front?

The mid sump (if a Crown) should have two ECu's. One to run the engine and the other the trans.

If fitting manual the Crown is easier to get running well.

We are almost finished a write up on wiring a Crwon engine in without the auto trans.

Make sure you get all the parts you need. AFM, Igniters and computers.

Reread what he wrote Rod.

You have a front sump Celsior motor there (if it has alloy mounts), and and a midsump Crown motor.

Differences are all cosmetic, or very small. Either will provide the same base to work on, especially if most things will be custom.

The front sump one is a couple of years newer, it may be something to think about.

Thanks guys for the info, very useful.

Does anyone have any info on the actual engine no's, can such things as Year etc be identified from an engine no, or range of numbers ?.

Cheers

Brad