Help needed with air suspension

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Uncle

Hi all,
I'm from downunder and need help with my Nephew's SC 400.The air suspension has **** itself.The car has dropped level on all fours and every bump you hit the front tyres scrape-the same when you turn.Is there anything i can check? Is getting rid of the air supension the best cheapest way? Thanks for any replies as this will help him from being ripped off-Thanks.

This is a major problem with air suspension. There are three ways to take care of it:

1. Buy a brand new air suspension shock and the cost is about $1050 USD each
2. Get a used air suspension shock and take your chances
3. Get something like this a conversion kit, but i am sure sure if the SC400 is compatible with the LS400. Secondly the shipping is about $400 usd. Ouch.... Best of luck...

Another option is replacement heavy duty airbags from Arnott Industries , they come with a life time warranty !!
I know they are for the LS400 , but I think the SC400 units are the same ?? [ at least the bladder bit ?? ]
$399.00 each for the front and $350.00 each for the rear , thats way I will be going when it's time for me to replace mine , the other advantage is that you can replace them one at a time so not as much outlay in one hit .

Air suspension

hi Uncle, maybe i can help as i have repaired mine, if the car is down all around then the most likely cause is the pump not running it is usually infront of one of the front wheels, rhd drivers side, just behind the bumper, you get to it from the wheel well.
The valve system is indepedent of each other so if one leg goes bad it just drops that corner, also there is a switch in the boot to turn of the pump, there is a separate fuse also, in my case it was the brushes broken in the pump motor not connecting with the armature. a trip to the local auto electrician replaced the brushes away it went, just ask if you need more help.

Regards
Lambo

Thanks everyone! I've got a mate that eventually will look at it.I'll print this page and let him read it.I've driven my nephews lexus and love everything about it!By the way, i've been obsessed with old school muscle cars-Mopar's of course! Got mainly Aussie chargers-can be made to go like hell but they don't corner or stop as good as the modern stuff.Would love to have a American Mopar but they have become very expensive for me.Anyway thanks again to all that replied.:veryhappy

Attachments

• SidebySide.jpg
    SidebySide.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Dimfront.jpg
    Dimfront.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DimMid.jpg
    DimMid.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 6