HEADERS are FINALLY ready!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Bolt in factory replacement on 1998-2000 GS400. Can be used on all V8 Lexus cars. Quiet at idle and cruise, slightly throaty under load with stock exhaust. Noticeable gains from 3000rpm up. Dynos comming soon.

Available from:

S&S Headers
6042 N. 53rd DRIVE
GLENDALE, AZ 85301-7775
http://www.ssheaders.com
(623) 847-9000

Way to much info to generate a comprehensive post. Please review CL thread for tons of info and answers to questions.

Header FAQ - Please read before emailing me

jb_together1.jpg

Lextreme said:
John,

What are the pipe size? From 1.5" to 2" and to 2.5"

1.5" primaries expanded slightly at the head flange to 1.625".

1.75" secondaries.

2.5" collectors.

BTW, the report from the first installation is EXCELLENT. Fitment is spot on, sound is not increased, power is very noticably improved from 3000rpm and up, engine seems to be getting progressively stronger as the ECU learns, gas mileage appears to be up by 1 mpg. This is all with the factory Y pipe dual 50mm (1.97") feading a single 60mm (2.36").

sbcelicagt said:
What's the opinion on the fact that the headers do not utilize equal length tubing? Will this hinder performance? What RPM range are these headers designed for?

If you noticed the thread is HUGE... over 700 posts long... lots of opinnions.

Bottom line is the stock manifolds are VERY restrictive. These manifolds serve to improve flow period. Equal length is nice but not practical when keeping the catalysts on the models targeted.

I would suggest to anyone to read all of MY posts, jbrady, in the thread before asking questions probably answered numerous times.

After that... ask away!

test car reports power increase is noticeable from 2600rpm and UP!!!

Test car has Supra 3.77 LSD and typically gets 16-17mpg in town driving. He told me today (with excitement) that he is getting 19mph.

Power, quiet, torque, MPG... these are working out very well indeed.

Zuffen said:
JB,

Dyno figures please. Drag strip figures will mean more.

Rod,

Dyno is scheduled for Monday. Owner is not an experienced drag racer and did not make any pre-header 1/4 mile passes. Dyno numbers are nice but the overall effect on driveability and performance is what is so impressive.

The test vehicle owner states many positives already. He re-set his ECU when installing headers. He reported for first few days that it felt stronger every day. He has the Supra 3.77 lsd in the car and his usual fuel economy around town is 16-17mpg. He reports now that he is getting 19mpg. He also reports that noticeable power increase starts at only 2600rpm.

The design goal was to be a factory bolt in replacement for the stock manifolds on 1998-2000 4 liter Lexus cars. To work with the stock cats in their stock location. To allow all other items to work (except stock heat shields). To not be noisy. To retain low RPM torque. To increase power.

So far every goal has been met or exceeded. Low speed torque appears enhances. Responsiveness if definitely improved. Power feels much better through out the full range. Fuel economy is improved. Noise is not increased. With the Jet Hot coating underhood heat is not a problem.

Unfortunately I have not driven or ridden in the vehicle as I had to move from Texas to NY to help with family matters. I won't get my set for at least a month. I am in the first production run of 30 sets.

JBrady said:
Rod,

Dyno is scheduled for Monday. Owner is not an experienced drag racer and did not make any pre-header 1/4 mile passes. Dyno numbers are nice but the overall effect on driveability and performance is what is so impressive.

Maybe I get a chance to hit the track later this month :)

JBRADY..... wow that was a brutal thread in CL..61 pages. hey just remember this there are thoose who invent, they go and pioneer and develope areas that have not been devolped, and it costs lots. Then there are inovators, they take all the advantage of the hard work done by the inventor and improve it, with beter results lower cost and quicker product turn out. You my good man are the pioneer, the inventor and I for one appreciate it with many others. The answers are worthless if you dont understand the Question, and the questions are pointless without a PURPOSE. THe answers may be Variable, the question is what is are the improvments, but the PURPOSE is how to better/further improve your engine. to develope an improved flow system is true tuning. Tunning is what puts the BMW M line and the Benz AMG line above the standard production cars. Motor Trend compared the new A4, G35 and BMW 3, with 255, 285, & 255 HP ratings.The A4 numbers were junk, however the Infiniti and the BMW put relatively the same numbers. Supirior tunning hands down made the difference, and that tunning requires development, then inovation. Some people just want a cheap easy bolt on mod that tey can boast ridiculous HP gain # with.

I'd really like to spring for a set of these, but am curious how they'd fit when the motor goes into a Supra? Are they block huggers?

Guess there's only one way to find out.....

(well there's actually two - the other way is to wait until Max or Andrew do theirs!)

John

cribbj said:
I'd really like to spring for a set of these, but am curious how they'd fit when the motor goes into a Supra? Are they block huggers?

Guess there's only one way to find out.....

(well there's actually two - the other way is to wait until Max or Andrew do theirs!)

John

Well, they were designed to fit within the stock GS400 heatshields so they have the best chance of fitting of anything I am aware of. I would like to see this as well.