Headbolt Question 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

steveblade_uk

Can anybody recomend a source for headbolts for the 1UZFE. Toyota/Lexus dealer prices for standard throwaway stretch bolts are silly money! ARP dont list a head bolt or stud and dont seem to be in a rush to reply as to if they will be making any. I was kinda considering Ebay item 4558293370 but there an unknown quantity and as they are so cheap I tend to doubt there quality/integrity for use in an engine that Im planning to use forced induction with. I understand that headgasket failure is very rare if not unheard of in the 1UZFE so maybe im going for over kill but I dont like stretch bolts. Any input from you guys who have experience building 1UZ motors would be welcome.

Thanks in advance guys

I guess its true that you get what you pay for. Ive had a look at the link, they look realy slick. Do you know who I need to speak to confirm price and shipping?

Lex,
Looks like my project is going to include engine decompression with a thicker head gasket. The gasket will be a total thickness of 0.0985 inches (2.5019 mm) to reduce the compression to 8.5 from 10.4. May I please also order some ARP head studs? I need it to be sent UPS.

Lex,
Looks like my project is going to include engine decompression with a thicker head gasket. The gasket will be a total thickness of 0.0985 inches (2.5019 mm) to reduce the compression to 8.5 from 10.4. May I please also order some ARP head studs? I need it to be sent UPS.

Andrew what year 1uz are you going to decompress, and is it so you can turbo it.....

Hillbilly,
I have a 96-97 Celsior. Yes, the reason I am considering a thicker head gasket is to install twin Garrett 25R turbos. The boost will be around 1 Bar.

Hillbilly,
Thank you for the heads up on the rods. I will have to figure out what I am going to do now.

Anybody have an opinion about using a 96-97 1UZ engine and boosting to .8 bar (11.76 psi) and reducing the compression to 9.1 with a thicker head gasket?

I used the ECU to identify the engine. It is "175000-8110-12V". Am I correct in thinking it is a 96-97 Celsior. Front sump.

Headbolt question

Hillbilly got me thinking when he told about the conecting rods being weaker on some of the pre-98 1UZ engines. I had believed that only after 98 the rods were different (weaker). I have the rods that Hillbilly experienced broken and bent in his engine. I am glad I looked. It now does not make too much sense to decompress the engine with a thicker head gasket as I had planned with these rods. I will bite the bullet now and use Ross pistons, new rods, ARP studs and bolts. The Lextreme "engine rebuild package" looks like the way to go. Lex, I will PM you about my change of plans and get the details about the package offered. This is an unwanted delay in my plans but I do think all things considered, the correct way to proceed.

Hillbilly,
I really appreciate the help. I think I will end up with a much better engine going the route I have now chosen. I will be sure to post when it all gets sorted out and running. Only a small delay.