guess what axle?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

Ok I need a different axle for the Celica when it gets the 1UZ in around May.

A MK1 Supra axle would be great, but they are hard to come by and are 4 bolt wheels anyway.

A Toyota pickup axle would be good cause it is the same size as the Supra, and 5 bolt. But it is made for leaf springs and I would have to build or cut and weld the brackets on. Ugh...Do-able though.

Or.....drum roll....

Mid-late 80's Toyota Van! lol No joke. 5-bolt axles in the same housing as a Supra or pickup (7.5" ring I recall...7.-somethin) but it is coil and link! Coil ad link it what my Celica and the early Supras are! lol

The beauty of it....caught me today....I was at the you-pull-it here and saw two recently brought in Toy Vans. Side by side, 5-lug a 4wd and a 2wd.

I need to go back tomorrow to get a tail light, I am ganna investigate and see what they want for a axle.

Even better---some uncommon models got disc brakes and a LSD in the rear lol!

Here is the model in question...
watermark_496850_5_full.jpg

No idea about the axle, good luck Tacoma.....If it's independant axles you want, then maybe the SC300/SC400/Soarers may be the answer...Try Ebay for axles... This is a wild guess but you never know... I know the newer 93-98 Supra's and Lexus's, the parts can be interchangeable for just about everything... They share the same subframes...

That mini van going over the rocks in that picture is classic...What was that guy thinking?

It would be nice to have IRS but the car didnt have it stock and modifying it would be somewhat difficult. Toyota did kind of a transition from independant trailing arm suspension to straight twin armed.

Newer cars with twin arms are too wide, older Supras with ind. trailing arms have a massive subframe.

But yeah I am tryin to ID the axle it the cars, but am having trouble. One ---may---have a LSD.

Ive just installed a RN25 diff in my RA28 Celica.
Its a G series, so its the uber-tough 8" crownwheel.
Using a JZA70 torsen LSD center with a 4.1 CW&P.
Also using the JZA70 disk brakes on it.

I had a diff shop change the mounts from the original Celica diff.

img0157oa8.jpg

img0160im9.jpg

img0335cl1.jpg