Gas Prices

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey, we still have it the cheapest in the States....However check back in two weeks that may change. My corner gas store has been averaging a $.05 increase per per day for one week straight on a gallon of gas..This is getting rediculous, I just saw a Shell gas station selling 91 oct..for $3.99USD per gallon...WOW!!!!!

1) Make an under-tray for the front 3/4 of the engine bay to air dam
2) More water injection, less fuel.

in japan i was paying 7USD/Gal (converted of corse) it was 138yen/L i think.
anyhow it cost me about 7000 yen (~70USD) to fill the tank of my RX8
im about the only persion in my area that is not bitching about $3 a gal here in florida

jibbby said:
Why can't this oil be drilled? Is it really because the ground make up is to difficult to drill into to reach the vast amounts of oil that lays beneathe the earths surface? Wow, I find this hard to believe with todays technology and machinery. I am a contractor and have seen some amazing machines that drill through just about anything you can think of...From Bedrock, concrete, etc.. you name it.
I didn't say it couldn't be drilled; I said it couldn't be produced - BIG difference. Shale is a rock with near zero permeability, so it doesn't allow fluid flow. That's why the oil is "trapped" in the rock. Unconventional means like underground fire floods, steam injection, etc have been tried in the past to release the oil, but these methods have only been marginally successful and require huge amounts of energy for extraction, hence they're very inefficient (ie it costs $5 of energy to extract $5 worth of oil).

Tradewind is not offended :)

I wrote in the very first line "Tell me your opinion of this, and if its true this fuel prices should go down a LOT"

Was looking for opinions, and the write up is not mine, I just copied it over ......... nothing more. Hell I don't believe in it, all interesting none the less.

So far the opinion suggests the oil IS there but not in an easily recoverable form, that's more than I knew yesterday :)

UZZ30-Québec said:
Come in Quebec, it's even higher.

1.20 per liter for 91 octane last time i've put 50$ in my SC... 2/3 of a tank.

Horses need gas.
believe me i know all about quebecs gas prices, i live literally 10 minutes from la belle province.

anyways, back to the subject at hand. just to throw a few ideas out there:

fact: from what 'they' have told us; between the u.s. and canada there is more oil than all the other places in the world put together.

fact: majority of north americas 'foreign oil' is from canada, yet the volatile situation in the middle east causes dramatic swings in oil prices.

fact: the price of gasoline and diesel fluctuate hourly. but the price of a quart of oil hasnt moved in years.

fact: the prices of gasoline fluctuate even when the variables of gasolines supply and demand arent being traded (ie. at this minute the worlds stock markets are closed but the gas station at the top of my street is still changing its prices)

fact: BMW currently have a hydrogen powered car that can be mass produced, but theyre holding it back because the worlds governments are refusing to give BMW the incentives that are given to their hybrid producing counterparts.

fact: any car currently on the road with proper computer tuning can run on uber cheap to produce (you can literally make it yourself) ethanol.

fact: the worlds governments make billions and billions of dollars from the sale of gasoline.

i cant say fact for what im going to say next because it isnt, just an opinion ive formed myself from reading everything i have on the subject. anyways, think about it like this, in the middle east we have people who will crash planes into our buildings, bomb our subways, etc. when were helping to prop their economy up, what do you think the ramifications would be if we decided to pull all of our money out of their countries???

i honestly think this is all a combination of oil companies milking consumers for gas money while they still can and our governments sitting on their hands in the interest of not worsening an already bad situation in the middle east.

of course thats just my opinion and what do i know?

On the subject of US oil reserves, oil shale as someone said must have some future if the prices keep rising. Apparently there is about 16,000 square miles of the stuff under Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah.

There was a story about some cow herder type guy who built his fire place out
of oil shale. The first cold night that came along he lit a fire and burnt his hut
to the ground. (bummer)

Thanks for the clarification on the drilling facts about the shale rock in Colorado...So the oil can be drilled and reached but not extracted..Well that just stinks!!!!! Trillions of gallons of oil that can't be extracted, that must be frusterating for oil miners...

Anyway, update just paid $60 to fill up my SC400 from empty last night.....I wonder how much higher gas prices will rise in days to come?...Could you imagine if it becomes $100 to fill up a tank of gas on an Lexus/Soarer...I may seriously start riding my bike around no joke...rain, snow, hail I don't care I will pedal like crazy to get from point A to point B...

Most third world countries ride bicycles and mopeds to get around, may not be such a bad idea...

jibbby said:
Could you imagine if it becomes $100 to fill up a tank of gas on an Lexus/Soarer...I may seriously start riding my bike around no joke...rain, snow, hail I don't care I will pedal like crazy to get from point A to point B...
QUOTE]

hahahaha, jibby, youre good dude, but youre definitely showing youre from cali on that one, trust me, you woudlnt be riding your bike in a snowstorm.

jibbby said:
Thanks for the clarification on the drilling facts about the shale rock in Colorado...So the oil can be drilled and reached but not extracted..Well that just stinks!!!!! Trillions of gallons of oil that can't be extracted, that must be frusterating for oil miners...

Anyway, update just paid $60 to fill up my SC400 from empty last nice.....I wonder how much higher gas prices will rise in days to come?...Could you imagine if it becomes $100 to fill up a tank of gas on an Lexus/Soarer...I may seriously start riding my bike around no joke...rain, snow, hail I don't care I will pedal like crazy to get from point A to point B...

Most third world countried use bicycles and mopeds to get around, may not be such a bad idea...
wednesday, 1.20 per liter for 91, 50$, a little 3/5 of a tank.

If it'd cost 60$ to fill it, I'd be VERY happy.

Something else, the price of fuel goes up and up and up, but curiously lubricating oil has hardly moved in price for years! Motor Oil is similar price here that it has been for years.

Ohhhhh Canada my home and native land..........where gasoline is high..... and only getting....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhhh say can you seeeeee....that gasoline is not freeeeee............and the home of the broke...:usa1:

I think I maybe getting a little too silly here.....see ya...:laugh2::alcoholic

ps: All apologies for making an attempt to be humorous, I have had a few brews while watching the Los Angeles Laker basketball player Kobe Bryant (aka - the rapist) pull off an incredible come from behind victory and I am a little happy and buzz'in at the moment.

HNKNROB

Apologies, too many facts for my small brain to recall where it came from, yours was USA experience and my post was more or less saying its the case in AUS as well. I wonder what the European situation is with fuel and lub prices.

Attachments

• IMGP0346s.jpg
    IMGP0346s.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMGP0356s.jpg
    IMGP0356s.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 112
  • IMGP0358s.jpg
    IMGP0358s.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 124
Tradewind said:
Something else, the price of fuel goes up and up and up, but curiously lubricating oil has hardly moved in price for years! Motor Oil is similar price here that it has been for years.
Lubricating oil can be recycled but gasoline can't be recycled. Many of lube oil that we use are recycled. In fact, it's been increased a lot. 5 years ago, a quart of an average oil such as Chevron used to cost $1.79 and now it costs $2.39. And 10 years ago, it costed around $1. For Mobil 1, it costed $4 5 years ago, and now it costs more than $5. Of course, the price inflation takes part in it, but I believe it's also related to the crude oil price.

jibbby said:
............Maybe $4-$5 a gallon. .....
Eh?

Maybe £4-£5 a UK gallon (8 pints or 4.54545 litres)

So that's about a US$9 gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be cheaper to run cars on 20 year old single malt soon!

Mark

I just filled the tank tonight, $1.709 NZD per liter, and $1.81 for 98, just for 91 that was $109.84NZD, good excuse to stay home and work on the beast lol

Lambo