Future swap.....help?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ohbludvlsfan

I am new here, but must say that there is a wealth of information. I will start with a little information about what I am intending to do and then what I am looking for. I live in the US in Ohio and have a 1996 4Runner with a 3.4L V6 hooked to an A340F tranny. I am hoping in the next year or so to start to pursue swapping in a 1UZ V8. I found one article on the web where this was done in Brazil to an early '90s 4Runner. What I am looking for is any information about the swap might entail. I also am looking for information on rather or not the 1UZ will bolt up to my tranny or will I need a different bell housing and if so where can I get one. I will be getting an engine with the computer and wiring attached hopefully out of an early model Lexus or Land Cruiser. Like I said before any information anybody has is welcome.

Cheers,
Nolan

i really need to sleep..... hehe

anyhow, welcome to the forum Nolan...

I'll answer the part i do know... is that you can get the bellhousing from Australia from either Dellow in Sydney, or CRS in Victoria... if you need help contacting the shops, just ask.

As for the swap, you may want to cruise through the "V8 Swap, Conversion & Transplant " section as there will be a few threads on the 4runner/surf conversion. Most things will be covered, but should you come across a problem you can't find info on, im sure one of the guys here will be willing to shed light for you....

have fun!

The LS400 or Cruiser bellhousing will bolt straight on to you transmission.

If you get a 1UZ it will be 4.0 litres. If you get a Cruiser you end up with a cast iron block and 4.7 litres.

When buying you engine try for the bellhousing. They may throw it in for free.

The 1UZ is heaps cheaper.

Have a look in the Tech section a guy called Deon did a conversion into essentially the same vehicle (was a manual though) and it's a good read.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and the info. Like I said this is a little bit in the future, but if I do my research now then everything should move along later. Again thanks for the help.

Nolan