Full dual vs Y and X setups

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
We've built a lot of x-pipes. We always run them infront of the cats. I highly prefer the double y-pipe merge collector vs any of the other iterations available.

Here's an xpipe for an exhaust we made for the twin turbo 350z, it made 22hp/14tq more then the true dual 3" system it replaced. Notice the inlet to outlet geometry is different. We do this to center the resonators in the exhaust tunnel and use the x-pipe as the center reference for the entire exhaust.

If someone had correct inlet to outlet geometry with dimensions and idealized sizing for your various setups, we could manufacture these for your projects.

XPIPE-350Z.JPG

Do you sell 2 1/2 inch X and Y's and how much are those pretty little babies for us Lexus/Supra/Soarer hotrodders? Those are mandrel pipes? How about 2 1/2 into 3" Y's or visa versa?

I must come clean and say I am not an exhaust expert, what exactly do you mean when you say Splayed or parallel?

I do know mandrel piping, and the other conventional way of bending the pipes in the machine, which inturn gives you reduced flow at the bends... Mandrel pipes offer no crimping at the bends and smoothe exhaust flow.. Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge...

Anybody know what the specs and setup is for the Jag XK8/XKRs?
That is the perfect sound for me - exactly what I want, so I want to try and imitate that, or possibly even fit Jag mufflers/Xovers:ninja:

From what I can see from the very little info I can find on the net, they use cats on the downpipe like the std Soarer, twin mufflers, then the pipes both merge directly into one long muffler, then exit directly too, and then another twin muffler set.
If the big centre muffler will fit in the Soarer space, then I'd be very tempted to fit one for those, as that is probably the main reason for the luuurvly sound :)

The whole XKR setup should be about perfect for my plans for about 400Bhp with nitrous, given the Jag is 360/380 ish???

Just out of interest, thought I'd show a xover design for a 6.5Ltr Chev with 650+hp in the US.

No mufflers, no cats - just supertraps - and with only a few plates in them... Couldnt do it here (even in racing) but they are sexy....

24.jpg

Carlos_SC said:
Anybody know what the specs and setup is for the Jag XK8/XKRs?
That is the perfect sound for me - exactly what I want, so I want to try and imitate that, or possibly even fit Jag mufflers/Xovers:ninja:

From what I can see from the very little info I can find on the net, they use cats on the downpipe like the std Soarer, twin mufflers, then the pipes both merge directly into one long muffler, then exit directly too, and then another twin muffler set.
If the big centre muffler will fit in the Soarer space, then I'd be very tempted to fit one for those, as that is probably the main reason for the luuurvly sound :)

The whole XKR setup should be about perfect for my plans for about 400Bhp with nitrous, given the Jag is 360/380 ish???
I don't know what the specs are but the factory used a borla exhaust system. Check out the borla web site and email them for the set-up. {borla.com} mailto:[email protected] [This is not an add and I don't work for them]

If they tell you let us know.

Cheers! Emailed them.

Where did you find that the OEM system is Borla? From what I can see, it is only aftermarket.
This route could be done, but it seems like there is an increase in noise from a standard XKR to a Borla system. Not too much by all accounts, but maybe just that little too much.
Then there is the cost....$1100 worth! That would be a fortune once its in the UK and duties paid!

Hopefully I'll get a reply from Borla and we'll find out.

Carlos_SC said:
Cheers! Emailed them.

Where did you find that the OEM system is Borla? From what I can see, it is only aftermarket.
This route could be done, but it seems like there is an increase in noise from a standard XKR to a Borla system. Not too much by all accounts, but maybe just that little too much.
Then there is the cost....$1100 worth! That would be a fortune once its in the UK and duties paid!

Hopefully I'll get a reply from Borla and we'll find out.
I came across it in a UK Jag forum while researching pulley changes on the Jag M112 supercharger. One bloke did say they were becoming obsolete on the Jags this year. {unverified}

Heres an extract I just found on cardomain for a 2005 xkr

2005 Jaguar Stirling Moss Edition. 1 of 5 produced cars in World, Signed by :hail: Sir Stirling Moss. One of the rarest Jaguars ever produced. Stirling Moss personally modified this Jag. This is complete with Green and Red Racing Stripes, Factory Installed Borla Exhaust systems, Numbered on door in Green/Red #68, Supercharged and Dyno'd at 466 Horsepower at Rear End. Lamborghini Doors, with Recaro Leather Seats, MOMO Steering Wheel, Red and Green Suede Interior, Whole headliner in Red Suede, 20 Inch Foose Chrome Rims, Powder coated Rim Lip with Red and Green Coating. Aluminum Plate in Trunk signed by Sir Stirling Moss. Under the Hood Red Suede Hoodliner. Audio by Eclipse with 2 10's in Trunk with Custom Jaguar Box. Handsdown outperform the F360 Modena and 550 Maranello. Coming to a show near you.

$1100 US should be around 628 British pounds. You could just buy the mufflers, the cat and the exhaust pipe extensions from Borla and get the rest locally. The pipe was 2.5"

Yeah, looks to me like its aftermarket only except that special edition model then.
Bad new for availability, but could be better news for price!
Now to find a breaking XKR!!!

It works out at about £600 but then we have the shipping - ~£300+ I suspect, tax @ 17.5%, then import duty @ 10% = back up to well over £1100GBP:bigeyes:

I may well look into buying the mufflers, cat and pipes seperately but they don't seem to list them - or at least make it clear as to how you can buy them:shrug:

Just had the reply back from them.
They don't make the OE exhausts, so it must just be that special edition. And they don't sell the components seperately either! Only the complete exhaust.

I may well keep an eye out for a second hand one or a cheaper new one in the UK, but chances are slim I think!

Cheers anyway!

Well this out come sucks. Climb under the next Jag you see and have a look for brand names on the various parts. Check out its layout as well. I don't suppose there are many Jags in the local wrecking yards. I wonder what Jaguar charges for the parts. [An arm and a leg]