Fuel Cells

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
I am looking to install a fuel cell in my S13 project but im not entirely sure how to choose the right one. My car is going to be on the road course and out on the back mountain roads. I also want to run a 18-20 gallon cell. Is that "big"? What exactly is a foam filled tank? any other thoughts, ideas?

Sniper,

A fuel cell is not much more than a fuel tank with a ballistic liner (sometimes the liner is the fuel tank?) and fittings to allow fuel flow into and out of the tank. Foam filled cells use an open celled foam to keep slosh down to a minimum (could do similar job with baffles), but the foam can be removed to get into the fuel pump and other components if they are mounted in the tank. Be sure to get a cell/foam that is resistant to alcohol based fuels and gasoline since there is a reasonable alcohol content to California fuels at the pump.

18 to 20 gallons will bet you a couple hundered miles depending on how much you use the throttle...

I have just built a 10 gallon cell for my project in order to make the shape fit the confines of the car and keep the weight where I want it (6 pounds per gallonish for gasoline).

Most off the shelf cells come as a rectangular box with fittings for pick-up, return, fill and vent.

Later,
Steve-O

Attachments

• 1uzassembly31.JPG
    1uzassembly31.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 1uzassembly32.JPG
    1uzassembly32.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1uzassembly33.JPG
    1uzassembly33.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 9