Forged Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
PAUTER RODS features:
• E4340 vacuum melt chrome moly forging, heat-treated to Rockwell C36
• All surfaces 100% CNC machined, and shot peened for stress relief
• Pauter 220,000 psi tensile strength MSP220 steel, J-formed, rolled thread racing rod bolts
• Aluminum-bronze wrist pin bushings
• EDM pressure-fed oiling to pin (available at extra cost.)
• Custom pin diameters and center-to-center rod lengths
• End-to-end balanced in sets.

Pauter made rods for Tundra and its the same as the 1UZ and 3UZ. The price is $1,499. Very pricy... ouch......

The stock 1uzfe rod is very strong already. When i took out a 1uzfe rod they even thicker and feel that they have stronger material.

I think the stock 1uzfe rod can last about 800hp no problem. We did about 500hp on 4agte without any problem.

v8 have 8 rods. 4 cylinder have 4 rods.

if you divide the the 8 cylinder with hp, you will be getting 100hp on each rod.

We have generate about 485hp on a 4cylinder engine. Which is 121.25 per rod.

I got guys which which in their evo's, using 1uzfe pistons, they are making about 750hp out of a 4 cylinder engine.

Most of the time engine fails is because of the con-rod bearings. When the bearings starts giving free play, then the rod will be shaking. Imagine what will happen later.

Piston breaking is because of the fuelling and timming problem. Must always give enough fuel the the engine.

They were using it for stroker kit for the evo.

When they install a 2.2l stroker kit for the evo. They will need to change the pistons.

They ran out idea and also money. They went and search for the piston. Finally they found that 1uzfe pistons fits perfectly. Pin center is about 3mm higher and 87.5mm bore pistons.

$1499 does not seem that bad for 8 "import" rods. Remember, only pre-1998 1UZ rods are probably beefy. Since I am not sure my Ross pistons will work with the later vvti cylinder heads, I am tempted to buy rods like this for the 2UZ block,keep the stock 9.6:1 pistons, and slap on the 1UZvvti heads...

I'm not so sure the 2UZ rods are the same length, considering the stroke is longer (I would expect the 2UZ rod to be slightly shorter). But if they are, that would be great! Maybe the piston pin hiehgt si changed to make up the difference