Ford C4 behind 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ethann

Hi,

Just wanted to post some pictures of my set up.
When I decided this was the path I wanted to take I couldn't really find much info about running a c4 behind the 1uzfe, but I new it could be done.

Now my reasoning for this is cheap, strong, short and aftermarket valve bodies for the c4.

This is all going into a 4x4 buggy, so will also add some pictures and tech on the transfer case, LT230.

Sourced a gearbox off fleabay for a good price.
Ordered a bellhousing to suit 1uzfe to c4 from an Aussie company, Dellow conversions.
I then put the the gearbox in for a rebuild, and reverse shift manual valve body. Also I got the transmission builder to build me a custom torque converter, (little vague on what was done exactly but from what I know) using the backing plate from the original 1UZ converter, then the rest of a GM converter then they machined up a gear to convert the GM spline back to the FORD spline.
Stall approx 2500, won't know for sure until first run.

Here's info on my transfer case for anyone interested.
Using a LT230 which is a Land Rover case, 1.2:1 high range and 3.4:1 low range, with centre diff lock. Excellent factory gearing in low range and high range for that matter for my application.

Acquired an adapter from a local engineering shop, machined the c4 output shaft 30mm, and the governor housing on the back of the gearbox also needed machining for the adapter to fit nicely.
(manual valve body, so governor housing no longer needed.

Now for the pictures.
IMG_3763.jpg
IMG_3765.jpg
IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3769.jpg
IMG_3772.jpg
IMG_3779.jpg
IMG_3957.jpg
IMG_3962.jpg
IMG_3965.jpg
IMG_3969.jpg
IMG_3972.jpg
IMG_3974.jpg
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_3976.jpg
IMG_3977.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg
IMG_3996.jpg

Hopefully this makes some kinda sense and may kinda possibly help someone out haha?

Thanks for your time.