Flywheel

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rscob

I have a ksracing flywheel ready to fit onto my 1uzfe and i need to find out which clutch i can use with my w58 gearbox as its a 10'1/2'' face on the flywheel:confused:.

Rob

Clutch choice

Hi Rob, There are a number of things you need to consider when choosing a clutch:- The first and most important is physical fit. If your using an auto bellhousing and adaptor plate you will not be able to fit a large diameter single plate clutch inside it. So you may have to look at a twin plate. They are smaller in diameter and usually fit inside the auto bellhousing with no troubles. Next is the throw out bearing, concentric or fork type. This may affect how much space you have in front of the pressure plate. Next is how much power is the engine likely to make and how its going to be driven will dictate the plates and clamping pressue. Next you might like to consider the clutch master cylinder. You might find like many others that you need to go for a 3/4" bore Master Cylinder. I run an aluminium flywheel with a torque clamp twin plate pressure plate and quarter master concentric throw our bearing in front of my W58 auto bell housing / adaptor plate. If you want to go down the same solution parth as I did visit alloy race components website Mordialloc Melbourne Aust. Sorry don't have a link atm. Regards Ivan:)

Hi Rob, There are a number of things you need to consider when choosing a clutch:- The first and most important is physical fit. If your using an auto bellhousing and adaptor plate you will not be able to fit a large diameter single plate clutch inside it. So you may have to look at a twin plate. They are smaller in diameter and usually fit inside the auto bellhousing with no troubles. Next is the throw out bearing, concentric or fork type. This may affect how much space you have in front of the pressure plate. Next is how much power is the engine likely to make and how its going to be driven will dictate the plates and clamping pressue. Next you might like to consider the clutch master cylinder. You might find like many others that you need to go for a 3/4" bore Master Cylinder. I run an aluminium flywheel with a torque clamp twin plate pressure plate and quarter master concentric throw our bearing in front of my W58 auto bell housing / adaptor plate. If you want to go down the same solution parth as I did visit alloy race components website Mordialloc Melbourne Aust. Sorry don't have a link atm. Regards Ivan:)

Cheers ivan.