flow numbers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

The Flea

Friends. I've been busy between lots of things, but unfortunately almost nothing with my car. Here is recent flow bench data I gathered while working with Tim Kerber at Airflow Performance Engineering in CA. Tim is excited about the heads and the prospect of doing more of them.

The results are encouraging.
The intakes do very well.
The exhausts are still most restrictive.

Ideas?

Attachments

• 1uzassembly4.JPG
    1uzassembly4.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 17
if the exhaust port or header is coated in ceramics(both would be much better) it should get some improvement when running. i doubt you will see anyting on a flow bench though. you could also try using a golf ball effect on the port.

Nice work man. I commend you for putting everything you found out on the table. You seem to have a hell of a cyl head man that isnt about keeping it a total black art.

Not sure why the above post isn't showing up....anywho...

Not head flow but 2UZ intake manifold flow numbers before and after. Testing was done at 4500 rpm.

Cyl No.____ stock________ after
1 _____204.81cfm___268.03cfm

2 _____208.54cfm___275.57cfm

3 _____217.85cfm___265.40cfm

4 _____211.06cfm___269.99cfm

5 _____214.13cfm___266.26cfm

6 _____206.67cfm___271.85cfm

7 _____208.54cfm___269.98cfm

8 _____212.06cfm___271.85cfm

Nice flow figures; what pressure differentials were these run at, and did they change from the before & after runs?

JDM nice info on the manifold. I had no idea how limiting the stock intake was. Your numbers jive with the stock intake ports on a 1uz at 28" H2O. Very intersting. Looks like some one better get moving on aftermarket production intakes.

Just got another update on the heads.
I think it was Julian Edgar's where it mentions that the addition of 1cc in port volume should support at least one extra CFM of air. Incidently, Tim found from CC'ing the ports that he attained over 2 and almost 4 CFM for every CC added. Only 13cc's were added to both intake and exhaust ports.
Clearly an outstanding job.
He's ready to do more work. He's labling the ones I had done as stage 2. Stage 3 will have max'd out openings (within reason) but more work done and the stage 4 will be completely redesigned.
You won't believe the prices he's quoting to do the pair. You can't get a single 2JZ or 3SG head done for this price! With new valve springs too!

"Customer sends me the pair of heads without cams:
-Dissassemble
-Clean and pressure test
-Stage 2 port and polish
-5 angle valve job on the seats
-Stock valves reconditioned
-Valve guides reconditioned
-New valve seals
-New Valve Springs rated to work for customers cam specs (working on vendor)
-Heads resurfaced
-Fully assembled without cams
-Full blueprinted Build/Flow sheet for those specific heads."

Email him and see for yourself.
[email protected]

How much horsepower are you aiming for ?

Using your stock flow numbers i estimated in Engine Analyzer pro, using my engine profile based on a 1UZFE in my garage about 350bhp streeteble HP is archieveble with a preety decent torque curve from 4000 to 7000rpm.

+15% flow on the intake and +10% flow gave me this:

http://big picturebig picture

This is with my custom settings for the intake, exaust and cams (i found the cams available on the market inaproperiate - all of them were designed for higher revving engines with a different torque curve, or im a dumbass). This engine will go to a custom car im building for myself...

using your final flow data for the virtual engine she jumped up to 444bhp ! Without any touches to the exaust and intake / cams