Flexplate order of assembly

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
I'll be remounting the flexplate to my 1UZ on Monday when we're putting the motor on the dyno, and several questions just occurred to me. I can probably find the answers with some research, but I don't have the time - I'm nearly late for a flight just now.

So hopefully when I touch down back home in 10 hours or so, someone will have kindly answered these:

1) Should even I bother to look for any match marks between the flexplate and crank, or is the flexplate a balanced assembly?

2) IIRC there are two washer/spacers for the flexplate. I'm assuming the thicker of the two goes on the crank first, then the flexplate goes on, and finally the thinner washer?

3) Saved the dumbest for last ;-) Is it pretty obvious which way the flexplate goes on? Is there a bevel cut in the ring gear that allows the starter pinion to mate easier, or some other obvious marking?

Thanks in advance

John,
Have a good flight. I am pretty sure the flex plate has bevel on the gear towards the starter.

Happy dyno testing next week.

Cheers Simon & Andrew. Just made it back home, played with the two Golden Retrievers, plugged up the computer and checked Lextreme. Haven't even seen the family yet - guess they'll turn up eventually.