Few questions on 1uzfe build.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Armyman2445

Well Im finally going to get started on the new motor. I have been gathering parts for a few months now. I have to say with out this site's tech articles, I wouldnt be as far as I am now. Well I guess lets get down and dirty.

I scored a low mileage 1uzfe from a Soarer. I have already taken the heads off to change to thicker headgaskets. ( .074) I will problaly touch up on the exhaust ports as well as intake ports a bit. (at least gasket match). I got a M112 off an 03 Cobra for nothing (just changed it out to a whipple and thats what I charged the guy, his old M112). And I will be ordering an adapter plate from Bullet Supercar at some point. I bought a set of 550cc injectors off an RX-7 forum.

Now my questions:
With the .074 head gaskets is it safe to run 10lbs on the stock short block? Good tune of course

Will the 550cc injectors be to much? Before I pay to have them rebuilt and balanced.

Should I run a stand-alone ecu, piggy back, or retune the factory?

Also who is good at rebuilding the transmissions in the SC's?

55Lb injectors will be fine..
Imo check around your local area and ask the tuneing guys what they use??
No point in buying one brand of ECU and finding there is no service available..
Another option is to Google a brand .. Such as Big stuff or Fast [using U.S ecu's] http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?p=75618
Then check tuners, dealers in your area from the site....
Pentroof heads can take high compression.. But lower comp helps in that tune is not as critical...It is its just safer..
Another ECU ti check ..http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?p=75618

Will the 550cc injectors be to much? Before I pay to have them rebuilt and balanced.

Those are the same ones I'm using with my M112. I have barely begun tuning yet (I'm using a Link ECU), but the injectors seem fine. Smooth idle, and good off idle response. I didn't even have them cleaned or balanced yet--wanted to make sure they would be OK first.

Mark