Fault code 41

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lill daddy

hey guys,
so today my 1uz started doing this strange lurching thing, it kind of cuts the entire ignition for a split second then carries on as if it didnt happen... over the course of the day this got worse... i was actually loosing drive from my gear box, like i would manual shift up the gears to D and was like it was in N just free reving?? so limped it home and pulled the cel codes and pulled a 41 (tps) have visually checked the wires and pulled the ecu out and checked for popped caps and have found nothing so far.... does the TPS have a relationship to the gear box and cause it not to shift etc etc im guessing the gear box needs to know the throttle position to know what gear to be in etc... has anyone got a guide to testing the tps i have a multi meter but would need to know values etc and where to get them from... Thanks in advance Adam

oh its a converted vehicle with the wiring done by gloverman about 18 months ago and has run fine till today i think the motor is around a 94 and had log headers when i got it... cheers

Yor TPS has died so either try removing it and cleaning it with something like CRC electraclean or buy a new one, This is the closest one to the manifold and should have the part no on it. Last time I had to buy one new believe it or not the best price was from R&B in Wellington and I live in Perth

thanks samsdad :D i was messing around with radiator hoses and my thermo switch housing over the weekend could i have knocked/upset something on the front of the motor that would also throw a 41 code?

okay... so i got a new tps :) the issue i have is that i cant adjust it in the vehicle when its running.... so i used the steps in here http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/tps.html with the multi meter... but i cant get it perfect as per instructions... if i just get it with no resistance then there is no continuity and vice versa... how critical is it to get it spot on... is this even the best method to set it out of the van?? any help appreciated as always cheers

Adam