external oil pump?.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

doon

i have what appears to be an externally driven & piped oil pump driven by the acc belt. on photo's of other 1uz's i have seen there is a fan bolted to the pully in this location.
can any one tell me what this pump is for?
thanks doon.

Like I said, its a pump for the fan. You will also have a resevoir somewhere for the oil.
I'm not sure if it uses the P/S resevoir or not.

You have a front sump, a front mount oil filter, and a viscous/hydraulic fan.

Your motor is a Celsior/LS400 yes?

i bought my engine as an import from japan to put in a 1999 2wd hilux d/c. it came with auto trans and a stock ecu with "celsior" written in pen on the ecu. this is the only indication to what the engine came out of that i have. i am using a manual trans and m48 motec management. i have many other questions to ask as i had not even layed eyes on a lexus or 1uzfe before i bought mine. will use elec fans so will only need to run alt & p/s off crank pully. thanks rgds doon

a couple of other things, what's the purpose of driving the fan hydraulicly? how does it work? also the pully on my one has no mounting points for a fan assembly. by the look of it i may still have to have the pump mounted in order to use the idler.
rgds doon

Yeah, I see what you mean about nowhere to bolt a fan too.

I have no idea how it works either.
But I *think* it controls the fan speed the same way a viscous clutch fan works.

You can replace the whole bracket with an idler pulley off another model 1uz.

The hydraulic pump has it's own resevoir and small (5" x 8") oil cooler mounted under the bumper.

The pump is contrlooed by a small ECU that gets an input from the engine ECU for tempuratire and opens a port for oil to flow to the fan motor rather than bypassing it.

The electrical connection is on the lower left and is a black fitting around 25mm in diameter and 50mm long.

The original vehicle had huge fan on it that could suck small children and dogs off the street.

Dismantle the pump and remove the vanes from it and put it back on the engine. I would connect the inlet and outlet ports with a hose and leave a bit of oil in there as the bearings would not be sealed and will need oil to stop them siezing.

thanks for that. was the fan hydraulicly driven? in a remote location?. or is the pump to lube/cool an elec mtr. i have removed the pump off the casting & will blank all the holes and just run the idler. any idea on what belt will run this set up (no a/c or fan pully)

The fan and hydraulic motor for it are attached to the rear of the radiator. The radiator was too far from the front of the engine to get a normal fan to work.

The best way to work out the belt size is cut your belt and run it around the pulleys (don't forget to roll the tensioner to it shortest setting with a 14mm spanner) and mark the belt where the other end stops.

Measure the length and order a belt.