everyone talks about the w58 swap, who has a complete kit?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pres6

i have been looking at this for years now, and everyone i find sells part, but not all of the pieces, yes i know CRS has a decent kit, but i know some of you guys are in the US now working on this stuff, adaptor or bellhousing i do not care.

just want to "write one check" bacically,

i will get the w58 seperately (by the way any particular config? ma70, jza80, sc300? which one?) i know custom driveshaft....

once i have the right trans i want to have all the parts, from one guy/shop that i can deal with, not 7 people all over the globe..

so who has the full setup?
has anyone done an LS yet? or just SC's?

thanks guys.

If you are looking for a 3 hour bolt-on swap you are not going to/never going to find it:

1. ECU cannot run without the transmission.
2. You need to cut into the transmission tunnel
3. Custom driveshaft needs to be built to mate transmission to diff.
4. Not enough people want a manual in their LS to make #1 and #3 bolt on parts.
5. There are many more people swapping 1UZs into their cars, than people swapping manual transmissions into 1UZ cars and wanting to keep their original drivetrain. It's a case-by-case scenario enforcing #4, that nobody will mass produce a true bolt-in swap.

Aside from that, it's pretty easy to mess up a auto->manual swap. Burned clutches, broken input shafts, unbalanced driveshafts etc.

So far the Tremec T56 swap looks most promising for bigger HP players but I wonder what the cost will be... Custom flywheel+custom clutch seems like a back breaker because these are high wear parts that are pricey.

To answer your question though, the most straightforward manual swap (if you're not playing with the big boys) that I've ever seen and if any manual will do, this is it;

http://www.quantum-auto.com/store/

Doesn't look very difficult either. It's very simple and uses least custom parts as possible. I like it a lot especially because it uses a concentric throwout which is the way to go. You would still need to buy a Howe throwout which is about $170. That is 2 checks you need to write and a weekend under your car. Or kindly ask the gentlemen at Quantum Auto to score you a throwout bearing because you want to source everything from them.

And it seems like this kit has lasted, just for the reason you stated (close to bolt in with all parts in the kit).

EDIT: You still need a hydraulic clutch pedal. Wilwood makes great hydraulic pedals imo as I don't like OEM pedal style. Floor mounted pedals are way easier for me to use.

i have been looking at this for years now, and everyone i find sells part, but not all of the pieces, yes i know CRS has a decent kit, but i know some of you guys are in the US now working on this stuff, adaptor or bellhousing i do not care.

just want to "write one check" bacically,

i will get the w58 seperately (by the way any particular config? ma70, jza80, sc300? which one?) i know custom driveshaft....

once i have the right trans i want to have all the parts, from one guy/shop that i can deal with, not 7 people all over the globe..

so who has the full setup?
has anyone done an LS yet? or just SC's?

thanks guys.

Last edited:
You pretty much nailed it on the head. This is the exact problem I'm running into. everyone that contacts me about doing a w5X swap/ R154 is doing something different. So making complete bolt in kits for everyone's application is difficult at best.
btw, click the link on my signiture!

If you are looking for a 3 hour bolt-on swap you are not going to/never going to find it:

1. ECU cannot run without the transmission.
2. You need to cut into the transmission tunnel
3. Custom driveshaft needs to be built to mate transmission to diff.
4. Not enough people want a manual in their LS to make #1 and #3 bolt on parts.
5. There are many more people swapping 1UZs into their cars, than people swapping manual transmissions into 1UZ cars and wanting to keep their original drivetrain. It's a case-by-case scenario enforcing #4, that nobody will mass produce a true bolt-in swap.

Aside from that, it's pretty easy to mess up a auto->manual swap. Burned clutches, broken input shafts, unbalanced driveshafts etc.

So far the Tremec T56 swap looks most promising for bigger HP players but I wonder what the cost will be... Custom flywheel+custom clutch seems like a back breaker because these are high wear parts that are pricey.

To answer your question though, the most straightforward manual swap (if you're not playing with the big boys) that I've ever seen and if any manual will do, this is it;

http://www.quantum-auto.com/store/

Doesn't look very difficult either. It's very simple and uses least custom parts as possible. I like it a lot especially because it uses a concentric throwout which is the way to go. You would still need to buy a Howe throwout which is about $170. That is 2 checks you need to write and a weekend under your car. Or kindly ask the gentlemen at Quantum Auto to score you a throwout bearing because you want to source everything from them.

And it seems like this kit has lasted, just for the reason you stated (close to bolt in with all parts in the kit).

EDIT: You still need a hydraulic clutch pedal. Wilwood makes great hydraulic pedals imo as I don't like OEM pedal style. Floor mounted pedals are way easier for me to use.