engine mounts 1uz-hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hiluxmad

hey guys im new to the forum thing so humor me pls. im trying to find some one who does engine mounts for 1984 hilux to fit 1uz maybe someone still has specs for when they did one of yours and can make another set? so far i havent found any one that can do it with out me shipping the car interstate. sux huh???any help would be greatly appreiciated.

Pic of engine mounts

Hi
Yes I did reuse the original rubber mounts, they are really easy to come by and as the diesel was a heavy lump of cast iron, they were easily up to the lexus challenge. I've seen another hilux conversion where they cut the mountings off the chassis rail and fabricated plates that were quite a lot lower - I don't think its really necessary unless you plan to put a blower on it.

Muzz

I could send dimensions for plates but I mounted motor and box with modified sump, attached plates and welded and plated the gap, kinda needs to be done in situe, if you have your own welder this is the way to go, otherwise its all luck hoping things line up, my car is a 98 2wd xtra cab, dunno if chassis mounts are in same place, mine was 2.7l petrol btw

Thought that I would put my 2 cents worth in. Here's mine, drivers side only. It is a LN61, with a 2" body lift (and yes i know a bolt is missing - too lazy to walk upstairs and get it!). If I were using someone elses cad drawings of engine mounts, I would make them out of cardboard first and check they fit. I'm not saying that these people have done anything wrong, but as I have found out, every conversion is different in some way. What worked for someone may not work for you.

Passenger side is symmetric to this, with a little relief taken out for the oil lines (crown type remote filter).

Your dead right webbie thats wot I was trying to convey, your mounts look like wot I would hav had to make if I did not use the crown mounts, I dont think muzza,s mounts would fit my car, must be different in the chassis

Yeah,
I made a complete set out of cardboard first, made some mods and only cadded them up once they were perfect - I'd only use them as a guide though, as they all depend on gearbox, sump config, bellhousing clearances etc - and hi-lex, I do believe that the 98--> on had quite different chassis mounting points - good call

Muzz