engine block weight differences between 3uz 2uz 2jz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

makaveli200369

Does anyone know the block weights of the 3uz 2uz and 2jz engines? Im curious to know if the long inline 6 weights more then the 2uz cast iron V8. Thanks

I think the iron block would weight more then the 2jz. The 2uzfe short block is 82 lbs heavier then the 1uzfe shortblock. 1uzfe and 3uzfe is about the same weight.

Word is that a complete 2JZ longblock is between 600 and 700 lbs with turbos

If the 2uz complete weighs 467lbs then it is still lighter then the 2jz which comes in at 594lbs complete. Thats still considerably lighter. I already have a Supra TT. But I plan on purchasing my friends Supra TT that has a blown motor and tranny. And swapping in a 2uz and stroke the motor since it has more possibilities due to the bore. Wont have to worry about having thin sleeves while trying to boost 25+psi. I know that DART has those custom sleeves for the 1uz/3uz but by the time you purchase those machine the aluminum block you've spent quite a bit of money. Thats why I got curious on different of weight between the 2jz and 2uz.

Lextreme said:
The 1uzfe and 3uzfe is about 385.81 lbs
2uzfe is about 467 lbs.

Low on money... however, forged pistons are here... and getting few more parts.. then its time for a shortblock buildup.

Attachments

• 1uzfe 021.jpg
    1uzfe 021.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1uzfe 022.jpg
    1uzfe 022.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1uzfe 023.jpg
    1uzfe 023.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
That's news to me that the 2JZ-FE 6 cylinder motor weighs in at 130 pounds heaver then the Xuz-fe motors in comparison....

Although the 2JZ-FE is a motor that can handle more horsepower, I do believe the weight spec's and torque spec's offsets the standard that the 2JZ-FE motor is a superior motor to the 1uz-fe....

Is the 2JZ-FE motor really a better motor then the 1uz-fe's?

2JZGTE weighs a lot because the turbo assembly is very heavy and the flywheel alone is 38 lbs. If you put 2 turbos on a 1UZ and a manual transmission (flywheel on engine) I doubt the weight difference will be a lot.

052uz.jpg
All the Toyota i6's are very heavy. turbo, or not compaired to the entire Toyota v6 line. Which weigh from 340lbs to 420lbs. A 2jz-ge is more 490-520lbs range.
To which, the car based uz blocks are lighter.
Sorry, I can't seem to dig-out my later 2jz-gte paper that lists the weight. It's very, very heavy tho. Atleast 575lbs, wouldn't be surprized if it was 590lbs.
So much weight & physical size on those i6's...

2jzgeVS7mge.jpg
2jzgteVS7mgte.jpg
2grfse-1.jpg
2grfse-2.jpg

hehehehe. That N/A 2gr-fse 3.5L v6 is not that far off & is far more than 100lbs less weight. The new ur-fse's crush everything lol!

Then I guess 490 it is. Wish I could find that newer paper... It's in the original SAE paper on them I think too.

So, If one were to do a manual with a V8, a 1UZ at 386 lbs, plus a medium wieght flywheel would be about 400 lbs, and a 2JZGTE less turbos is 490 lbs, wow a weight savings of 90 lbs! That is good news.

John, that weight was with no belt driven accessories on that 2JZ?

Andrew, that was a figure DaveH gave me back in 2003 for a GE longblock he shipped. He said it had "most" of the accessories, and included a starter and a flywheel.

I didn't ask him if it had the alternator, P/S pump, A/C compressor, etc. however since he said it was a "long block" I'm assuming it had none of these. I was also guessing it didn't have intake or exhaust manifolds either, but can't be sure.

I need to contact Dave about something else, so I'll ask him to clarify that figure if he can remember the details.....

i still think a 2jz-ge and 1uz weight is not far off of each other. An sc300 is with manual is advertised at about 100lbs lighter than the sc400 even with the 2jz. I know wheel size, brake size, and the manual all help, but still 100lbs lighter is alot so the 2jz-ge can't be that bad without that heavy manifold and twin turbo system on there.

Without it - how is the power delivery ?

Having had to think in terms of 600 / 700 / 800 lb. 2 valve cast Iron push rod American engines - in cars like the AMC Gremlin as the AMC 401 is over 700lbs.-

I still find humor in the quibbling over using a 502lb. 2UZ FE with its' favorable bore / stroke / stable block / 32 valves / Belt drive / Alloy heads - virtually all that the stillborn Chrysler A-925 Race HEMI was to be, in Toyota cars vs the 420Lbs. 1UZ FE.

Just move the battery off the front wheels to the Trunk -

Great info Toysrme, do you have the SAE paper on the early (non VVT) 1UZs?

As for weight bias *coupe, i know with my proj, losing a meager 80kg overall and shifting the balance from 60/40 front/rear to 55/45, transformed the handling of the car on the track.

Horses for courses...... for a street car i agree it's not much of an issue (i still prefer the 6 bolt mains though i have to say) but if you are looking at autocross and/or circuit work then a very major factor to consider.