Dual pass radiators? Do they cool better?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

twisty_toy94

Just noticed one of the straps on my radiator has cracked off one side. Am going to get it fixed next week, but just thought I'd see wether it would be worth getting it converted to a dual pass radiator while they've got it?

Heres a pic of my current setup, on the right is the old std. V6 radiator, and on the left is the new one I installed with the Lexus V8. It has worked pretty good, and has kept it cool under just about all conditions, except when fully loaded in soft sand at slower speeds.

DSCF1266.sized.jpg

Would there be any benefit of converting my current radiator into a dual pass setup cooling wise?

Any info would be great.

Lack of a fan shroud isn't going to help anything.

If it was on the back of the radiator i would agree, but I should have mentioned, since I have no room, the fan is mounted on front of the radiator, so it pushes the air through.

One benefit of converting the radiator to a dual pass design, is I would loose the long bottom hose which currently takes up a lot of room on the back of the radiator. I may be able to squeeze a fan on the back without the hose there.

Since a fan shroud is for pulling air across the entire radiator, not having one will take that away. You will only get cooling in the spot of the fan.

The fan creates low pressure behind the radiator and the shroud gets all of it.

will have to be a tripple pass other wise both fittings will need to be in the same tank(top or bottom,just like a vl 6cyl).Wether it will work better,maybe people with them done can let u know.Will require a lot of work as the rad will need to be completely stripped apart to fit in the baffles etc and will cost$$$

Your second one,is that a custom core or are you using one out of the latter model surfs as they are taller?

A cowling on the front will be a no extra benefit compared to one the motor side.

From what I've been told, yep, the core is out of a late model surf. It seems to be a little thicker, and atleast 3 inches taller then the old V6 radiator.

I've got a mate who does all my radiator work, so it wont cost much to convert it to a dual pass setup. I want it to have both hoses coming out of the top tank if possible, as this will free up some space for me to possibly run some smaller fans on the back of the radiator.